• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zone's Nitro Shocks

I've had OME Nitrochargers for 3 years. Great on road, but now they are worn out, and pretty much do nothing in the faster sand driving I do. It rides like a boat in choppy water. My new cage makes this worse. The shocks are due for replacement.
Are you running the new Nitrocharger Sport's? They are supposed to be better.

I am not running the nitrocharger sport. I got my stuff lightly used and the shocks came with the kit. I'm not saying they are perfect by any means but for what i do they are great. Obviously for faster driving you want a higher end shock. Once these wear out i'll probably upgrade to the nitrocharger sport. But its a night and day difference from the cheapo shocks i had on it.

"Designed for many years of off-road use! The Baja Ryder off road racing shock, out performs the competition by incorporating the knowledge we have learned from hours of testing at actual off-road racing events, such as the Baja 1000 and "BITO" Vegas to Reno!"
just fyi, it's BITD. that 'built in' bumpstop is a terrible idea, the stock sheetmetal cannot take these loads....and i want to know how a slightly offset bushing improves performance.

in short, their webpage proves they're marketing to cheap people, not to people who know anything about shocks.

I was planning to order a set of these based on your review. However, since my '01 doesn't currently have a lift, they don't offer any replacements for me. I'll have to find some 'non-lifted' replacement shocks elsewhere. Not looking to life my '01, just replace the lousy OE shocks that are shot.
You should be able to get OME's for 0" lift.

Well then let me go as what everyone "thinks" well if I pay stupid money for a shock well...then it must be way betterer awesome then anything on the planet!!... Hey I have some beach front property in the everglades I can sell ya!!!!.
As a side note though..the dt8000 pre-runners I have do have a very large rod-and I havent seen "generic" shocks that do...just sayin...I do NOT work for doestech.:thumbup:

Well then let me go as what everyone "thinks" well if I pay stupid money for a shock well...then it must be way betterer awesome then anything on the planet

NO we don't think they are "more betterer" We know they are. Its not rocket science. :dunno:

Well then let me go as what everyone "thinks" well if I pay stupid money for a shock well...then it must be way betterer awesome then anything on the planet!!... Hey I have some beach front property in the everglades I can sell ya!!!!.
As a side note though..the dt8000 pre-runners I have do have a very large rod-and I havent seen "generic" shocks that do...just sayin...I do NOT work for doestech.:thumbup:

::facepalm::
can you open your shocks? can you revalve them? what about replace broken parts? no? oh man, that means you have cheap bullshit shocks.... a shock's shaft size means allmost nothing, please go do some research before you start hyping up your generic shocks to be more than they are...

::facepalm::
.... shaft size means allmost nothing
You must be a man...after all you just could NOT be a woman with that comment.I understand yer pain,but how much does it really cost to "re-build" those shock?or "re-valve" and why would I need too...once they "feel" right? or just buy them ment for the correct wieght,feel? Dunno I just don't like web,tough guys...:rof:

but how much does it really cost to "re-build" those shock?or "re-valve"
Rebuild? About $10 to $15 per shock for seals, $1 to $5 for the wear band, plus about $15 in oil if you need it.
Revalve? $5 to $9 per valve stack per shock.
and why would I need too...once they "feel" right? or just buy them ment for the correct wieght,feel? Dunno I just don't like web,tough guys...:rof:
Wear and tear, equipment changes, or fine tuning would be the couple of reasons.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not an elitist. I understand not everyone needs a high dollar shock to go play. I'm not going to make fun of you for running off the shelf, sealed, single-use, "vehicle specific" shocks. Do I run them? No. Can I tell the difference? Yes. Do they work for a lot of people? Yes.

Last edited:
You must be a man...after all you just could NOT be a woman with that comment.I understand yer pain,but how much does it really cost to "re-build" those shock?or "re-valve" and why would I need too...once they "feel" right? or just buy them ment for the correct wieght,feel? Dunno I just don't like web,tough guys...:rof:

my comment was so your bad information doesnt get spread. bigger shaft size means NOTHING..... NOOOOOOOTHING. the better, higher end shocks are better because you can rebuild/revalve/repair them, not because their shafts are a tiny bit bigger.... the fact that doesche tech markets these shocks' based on their shaft size, just shows that theyre marketing towards retards who dont know better =\

you MUST be a man also, as you think the size of your peepee means everything. its not the size of your shaft, but how much oil youve got.

Rebuild? About $10 to $15 per shock for seals, $1 to $5 for the wear band, plus about $15 in oil if you need it.
Revalve? $5 to $9 per valve stack per shock.
Wear and tear, equipment changes, or fine tuning would be the couple of reasons.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not an elitist. I understand not everyone needs a high dollar shock to go play. I'm not going to make fun of you for running off the shelf, sealed, single-use, "vehicle specific" shocks. Do I run them? No. Can I tell the difference? Yes. Do they work for a lot of people? Yes.

i may be an elitist, but i too understand fox'es arent for everyone... just dont lie to yourself and other noobs about how a larger diameter shock shaft size means ANYTHING.

Update:

Shocks have been pretty awesome since I installed em. Note: "pretty" awesome. When I installed em, I noticed they were extended more than usual but didn't think much of it. Someone else bought the same shocks on another board and measured them out to be about 25" up front and 26" out back. Problem: too short. I was bummed about em being too short cuz I really liked the ride but.......it was a welcoming excuse......to upgrade again.:D

Since funds are good, I decided to go with the best and be done with it:

http://www.eshocks.com/bil_Ind.asp?VC=10Q26&SubChar=Q

I will probably sell these to offset the cost of the $$ bilsteins.

Good to know. I've wanted them for about 8 years back when I got my TJ. Just never ordered em but instead went with Old Man Emu LT shocks. They were great shocks. Finally decided to try em on the XJ and they were a bit cheaper than the new OME shocks (LT shocks discontinued?).

Back