• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zone's Nitro Shocks

ok... lets let the guy enjoy his shocks... being negative is pointless now, he's allready bought them. theres just no point, other than to hate on.

dont be a hater bro

i apologize for the hate.

Retail_Tee_Shirt-3081.jpg

Not hating, I have ran cheap shocks and still have them on the rear for now. I like my OME shocks better though! :D

i apologize for the hate.

Retail_Tee_Shirt-3081.jpg

That is just weird cuz i just ate some cupcakes. They weren't so great though but will hold over the hunger until i finish installing these. It's dark out and raining but I want these things on. Nothing bothers me more than uninstalled new parts sitting downstairs by the door. :laugh2:

All done. It magically stopped raining when I started installing them. Fourty-five minutes later tools are being put away and the test drive happens. Here's my comparison between these and RC's 2.2 performance shocks:

RC shocks are valved very soft and causes the jeep to lean a bit on turns and bounce a little on speed bumps and coming off ledges. Since they are soft, they don't do well absorbing the rough roads around here. All that roughness is transmitted to the steering wheel and throughout the cab. It gets annoying when you drive the jeep alot.

The Zone shocks are a little bit firmer than the RC but not stiff at all. They give the jeep a firmer feeling when turning and driving around town. No more lean or swaying due to my short overall width from stock backspacing. The biggest different I've noticed was how it absorbs the rough roads. I took it on the worst road which is a mile from my place and it's littered with potholes and fixed potholes that rattle your teeth. The shocks took it and it was very smooth. Nothing was being transmitted to the cab or the steering wheel. Very nice.

CAM_0049.jpg

CAM_0050.jpg

So based on my initial test drive, these perform much better than the 2.2's, skyjacker hydros, nitros, JK shocks, and are maybe one step behind OME's but awfully close in ride quality. Those are the shocks i've tried on the cherokee to date. Lots more on my wrangler but not gonna compare those ones.

Thanks for the info., what are the specs on your jeep? (tire size, lift... heavy bumpers/racks etc.) Also if you could give us the 'three week' update that would be great. :D

I'm in the market for new shocks and haven't heard of these til now. I'd like to know all my options.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info., what are the specs on your jeep? (tire size, lift... heavy bumpers/racks etc.) Also if you could give us the 'three week' update that would be great. :D

I'm in the market for new shocks and haven't heard of these til now. I'd like to know all my options.

Thanks again!

4.5" RC long arms, 265/75/15 (32) muds, detours backbone with xrc8. Rear hitch, sliders, full size spare, and about 100 lbs of tools.

I'll update this in a few weeks. :)

Well it's been a while and I've been driving the jeep more than I should (gas prices). I find myself taking the jeep to work instead of the 99 grand am because it rides better than the car. Loving these shocks. :)

sweet, thanks for the update with more seat time. i think you swayed me into buying their nitros when i get around to measuring for tshocks.

flarerearside.jpg

no lift and those are 33x12.5x15 on there, also there is about 2in more inside for the tire to move up. when i get the ford springs that i need i think it may lift it a bit more. i hope not. i think i cut too much out

Time to stir the pot this morning! :D I replaced my cheap ass nitro shocks that come with every cheap lift in the world yesterday. The rest of my suspension is OME but with my aftermarket rear shock mounts i had to modify my OME's to work since they use a different bushing than everything else that does not allow the bar pin to come out. Anyways I got them replaced and all i have to say is WOW. So if you think your cheap ass shocks ride good switch them to a properly valved OME(or insert any other good shock here) shock and let me know if you still think the bargain bin shocks are worth a damn! :D

/My .02

Time to stir the pot this morning! :D I replaced my cheap ass nitro shocks that come with every cheap lift in the world yesterday. The rest of my suspension is OME but with my aftermarket rear shock mounts i had to modify my OME's to work since they use a different bushing than everything else that does not allow the bar pin to come out. Anyways I got them replaced and all i have to say is WOW. So if you think your cheap ass shocks ride good switch them to a properly valved OME shock and let me know if you still think the bargain bin shocks are worth a damn! :D

/My .02

Lol I had Old Man Emu shocks on both my TJ and XJ. I know how they ride. ;) Of course they would perform better than these Nitros but the nitros are pretty close in ride quality. My gf LOVES how it rides now and the only kit she liked out of all the suspension swapping I did was the OME short arm kit. So her liking the ride is fine by me. :)

Which nitros did you have?

Lol I had Old Man Emu shocks on both my TJ and XJ. I know how they ride. ;) Of course they would perform better than these Nitros but the nitros are pretty close in ride quality. My gf LOVES how it rides now and the only kit she liked out of all the suspension swapping I did was the OME short arm kit. So her liking the ride is fine by me. :)

Which nitros did you have?

The ones that came with my RE BB i bought when I had my first jeep. So probably douchetech. :D They were never installed before the old jeep got totaled.

I was planning to order a set of these based on your review. However, since my '01 doesn't currently have a lift, they don't offer any replacements for me. I'll have to find some 'non-lifted' replacement shocks elsewhere. Not looking to life my '01, just replace the lousy OE shocks that are shot.

Time to stir the pot this morning! :D I replaced my cheap ass nitro shocks that come with every cheap lift in the world yesterday. The rest of my suspension is OME but with my aftermarket rear shock mounts i had to modify my OME's to work since they use a different bushing than everything else that does not allow the bar pin to come out. Anyways I got them replaced and all i have to say is WOW. So if you think your cheap ass shocks ride good switch them to a properly valved OME(or insert any other good shock here) shock and let me know if you still think the bargain bin shocks are worth a damn! :D

/My .02

I've had OME Nitrochargers for 3 years. Great on road, but now they are worn out, and pretty much do nothing in the faster sand driving I do. It rides like a boat in choppy water. My new cage makes this worse. The shocks are due for replacement.
Are you running the new Nitrocharger Sport's? They are supposed to be better.

Back