• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj lift questions

zj_one

NAXJA Forum User
Hi first wanted to say thanks to everybody at winterfest had a great time. I was the guy with the black stock zj. Well now the question I have the lift kit a 3" spacer had for a while should I put that on with the old stock springs or buy stock replacement or buy 3.5 lift springs and junk those spacers don't want to go higher I got bad knees and hips.Thanks:eyes:

It all depends on what you plan to do with the jeep. If you plan on wheeling it more I would suggest going with a full spring lift. I had a rough country 3.5" kit on my old zj and it was perfect for a daily driver/wheeling rig.

Spacers aren't a bad alternative, I've never used 3" spacers but I don't see why they wouldn't work.

The only thing I would think might be an issue is the stock control arms.

My opinion would be if you own the spacers, put them on. You'll need new shocks if you don't have them.

Spacers will give you the same spring rate. I ran 3 in spacers on my old XJ at one point and they worked just find.

I never new any company to make a 3 in spacer tho, because the set i had were custom made. At 3in inches those stock arms will be a mofo to get the spacers in. I had stock arms and 2.5in springs on my LJ and it was ugly getting everything to bolt up. Your bushing maybe more worn out than mine were tho.

mac 'all apart of the fun' gyvr

We have new control arms adj trackbar ext brake lines then he bought the kit it came with shocks and 3 inch spacers its from freedom offroad off of amazon

If your already have the shocks, control arms, track bar, and brake lines just go ahead and use the spacers. You will be just fine with using them

Lol thats what i keep telling him i think hes more worried about it sagging bc of his bumper and winch wen he gets it and then his rear bumper

Then he can find a set of 3.5" lift springs for the front and move his stock front springs to the rear. That will give him the 3.5” he is looking for and still be a decent ride

Then he can find a set of 3.5" lift springs for the front and move his stock front springs to the rear. That will give him the 3.5” he is looking for and still be a decent ride
im not familiar with ZJ springs, but if they are anything like the TJ springs, they are located differently on the front and rear spring posts... jut something to be aware of. and id imagine spring rate would be different between a front and rear application.

I actually ran a 3.5" rough country lift on my old zj and that is exactly what you do. You just move the stock front springs to the rear and put new lift springs in the front

Thanks guys i think were gunna run the spacers for now and if needed he can upgrade later

Thanks everybody changed my mind going to run the lift I got I do have new track bar shocks and control arms worst comes to worst I can get the springs

Back