• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zips 2.0 My 98 build

Bought a jk sold my f350
7d5a794686934d7f1db52a134b646d25.jpg
10cadf2ed50097ba9c0b8b1ac86fa868.jpg

Deal fell through on that jk so I bought a different one.
Oops.

Love this dd thing.

Sold the tons... I got a decent chunk of change from some powerstroke owner.

Nice, was excited to see what would play out with those axles but money is cool too I guess. What were you going to order/what were the original plans for them?

I ordered coil buckets and u joints
Plans were simple one ton swap but I've decided to wait until I find the right axles to swap in. I want a newer style coil axle when I do actually go to tons, or a older bj axle. Super duty axles are nice but not fun when it comes to swapping in do to the housing modifications that it would need.

New plans replace my twisted 8.25 shaft figure out what I want to do about it. Junkyard a bit, maybe build a c clip eliminated 8.8 and get some new rims and a full size spare.

What housing mods are you speaking of?

On the tons I have I have I have zero room to work with on the drivers side so I would have to hack the end of the housing to fit my ballistic coil bucket in. I don't really want to do that unless I need to. I know on the 80s axles there isn't a lot of room but on the 99+ axles it's even worse.

You can pre/post heat and weld to the housing

I know, but I think I will do it different and go out and buy the right axles when the time comes. But I don't think now is the time.

Right now I have a bent rear shaft and a blown up locker I need to fix.
I need full size spare tire
To finish stiffening the unibody
Safety stuff and a rear bumper.
Gas tank relocation is a must (I have dented the new tank)
I think that that stuff should be done and I should keep wheeling. I want to make atleast Nac fest and hopefully I can make it to rocktoberfest.

Super duty axles are the new hotness. Why pay a grand for a 40 year old axle when you can buy a super duty one for 300?

I would go for a super sixty
But the axles I sold where just unit bearing sixtys.

Super duty axles are the new hotness. Why pay a grand for a 40 year old axle when you can buy a super duty one for 300?

where you getting your info from, none of us paid more then $300 for our axles, and they were more like 20 years old

Tons are getting picked up tonight. I'm sad yet happy. But I can't afford them.

I paid $150 for my '87 F350 kingpin 60 and they cut it out and loaded it into the back of my MJ for me.

Paid $130 for my E350 D60-1SU, too.

Then I stuck them in the corner of the yard to rot until I actually have the money and shop space to do anything with them.

My rear locker gave up life. Time to pull it apart and see how ba the springs are.

Front and rear stiffeners ordered.
Chromos acquired for the 8.25

Parts ordered for my 3 link
Stiffners half done.
K1500 rear leaf shackles are in. Likes peachy.

Back