• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your comments on a The Jeep Wave

I only wave on the trail or in areas near the trail. Mallcrawlers dont get it.

and its not even like that, he was a friend that got off track a little bit and started to slide down the side of a mountain, my point is, just because your a lifted jeep dont make you some sort of a god, it dont make you special, just because your jeep sits higher than mine dont make you more capable to go more places then me. but the whole wave thing for me is over, i dont care if their tj's cj's toyotas hondas range rovers, if i pass them on a trail and have to pull to the side to let them pass, i'll wave, but thats only cuz they can see that im going down their same path. and more likely than not, they wave in return.

I don't wave to stock XJ's because there are too many of them, and too few of them that would know why I'm waving; its nothing personal against stock Jeeps. Hell, most would probably think I'm trying to flag them down because they left their fuel door open or something.

I wave to the modded Jeeps, though usually only the XJs wave back. If its a stock XJ and they are looking I'll wave.

The Jeep guys up in NM are a lot more friendly and wave more often then they do here.

Like someone said earlier I'll keep waving, since I was a kid I can remember the Jeep guys waving and honking at each other.

\

Mine is sitting on 235's. My Jeep is small but none of the other people around here with stockers get the point of the Jeep wave! Mine goes on all kinds of trails too but i don't brag about it(to other Jeep guys :D)

So you say if you see someone stuck you are gonna Charge them now is that it? You are right no one would help you because you get on here and act like a prick to everyone and their brother. No one likes you! Sell your Jeep and buy a Honda with a fartcan i bet you'll fit in better with them!

yanno my buddy was stuck out at in the sand in his truck and someone pulled him out and my buddy tipped him 20 bucks because he was nice enough to do it, if i could even get a please or thank you, it would be different, but people are ungrateful for being helped to get pulled out, and the way the modded jeeps think their special cuz their lifted got winches etc... they can find their own way out they obviously dont want my stock jeep destroying their big ego by pulling them out...

im not a prick i just wont sit here and take crap from people, if they want my respect, they gotta earn it i wont just give it to you... and btw i own a modded honda so i beat your stereotype to the punch, im even one of those punk kids with a loud system... im actually going to put a nice loud system in my cherokee too... so there =)

dont get so butt hurt man it's online, this life isnt real... people will give you a hard time, harrass , even make fun of you... you'll get past it. in the real world if someone came up to my camp site and asked me if i had a tow strap and if i could please come over and pull out their vehicle, i'd see what they got and if they got tow points, then i'd go from there...

yanno my buddy was stuck out at in the sand in his truck and someone pulled him out and my buddy tipped him 20 bucks because he was nice enough to do it, if i could even get a please or thank you, it would be different, but people are ungrateful for being helped to get pulled out, and the way the modded jeeps think their special cuz their lifted got winches etc... they can find their own way out they obviously dont want my stock jeep destroying their big ego by pulling them out...

im not a prick i just wont sit here and take crap from people, if they want my respect, they gotta earn it i wont just give it to you... and btw i own a modded honda so i beat your stereotype to the punch, im even one of those punk kids with a loud system... im actually going to put a nice loud system in my cherokee too... so there =)

dont get so butt hurt man it's online, this life isnt real... people will give you a hard time, harrass , even make fun of you... you'll get past it. in the real world if someone came up to my camp site and asked me if i had a tow strap and if i could please come over and pull out their vehicle, i'd see what they got and if they got tow points, then i'd go from there...

I can see giving someone money to pull my vehicle out but saying yeah i'll pull you out but its gonna cost you, thats just wrong unless they are a total Jackass. I like loud stereos too as a matter of fact a buddy of mine got 5th in the super street 5+ class at the DB drags world finals in his XJ. I'm not butthurt over anything i just constantly see you one here being disrepectful to other people and constantly jacking threads. I've been here a while longer than you so i know when people are harassing me, picking on me and all that. You make no damn sense to me is all i'm saying!

The reason people say they don't wave to stock jeeps, is because the majority of them don't take them on trails.

In fact, most of them would probably think we're crazy :D.

Thread summed up perfectly :conceited

I can see giving someone money to pull my vehicle out but saying yeah i'll pull you out but its gonna cost you, thats just wrong unless they are a total Jackass. I like loud stereos too as a matter of fact a buddy of mine got 5th in the super street 5+ class at the DB drags world finals in his XJ. I'm not butthurt over anything i just constantly see you one here being disrepectful to other people and constantly jacking threads. I've been here a while longer than you so i know when people are harassing me, picking on me and all that. You make no damn sense to me is all i'm saying!

well ill apologize if i was outta line, ill try and curb my attitude... its not intentional.

last year my civic took first in the 0-600 watt class with 2 jl w3 12's sealed in my civic, i only hit 139.3 but that was pretty impressive considering the competition and how many people sandbagged using 1 ohm amps so they had like 1500-2000 actual power but 600 or less at 4 ohms. and using the new stiffer termpro mics.

The reason people say they don't wave to stock jeeps, is because the majority of them don't take them on trails.

Thread summed up perfectly :conceited

stock jeeps that still goto the trail need like a sticker or something across their front window... kinda like honda's have their JDM Soshinoya (New Driver) Badges or JDM Koleshiya (Elder Driver) Badges

maybe if i become a member to naxja, i'll stick a naxja sticker up in the top middle of my xj's windshield so everyone will see it coming my direction.

or maybe " this jeep goes off road too" i dunno im just throwing stuff out there...

I was just telling my wife the other day that I am about to sell the XJ.

It seems to me the only people driving lifted XJ's are punk ass kids who don't give a crap about traditions. They have got so cheap to buy and built that they are now the vehicle to have by kids who can't afford anything else.

X2!!
(im 19)lol

The majority of lifted wranglers never see the trail either. :looser:

You guys have got the TJ/YJ/CJ wave thing all wrong. Their wave doesnt have anything to do with being lifted or going off road, it has to do with having a short wheelbase open top Jeep. Thats why XJs arent included. Sometimes a built XJ will get a wave from a built TJ/YJ/CJ, that does have to do with mods and mud but most are SWB open top waves between themselves. Dont begrudge them, they dont think they are better, just different just like the motorcycle wave. Driving an open top SWB Jeep requires a lifestyle change with sacrifices and hardships so those who live it feel that bond. Obviously the older MBs, Willys and CJs make more sacrifices than the YJs and TJs but they still carry on that bond.
Has nothing to do with unibodies, stationwagons or square headlights.

You guys have got the TJ/YJ/CJ wave thing all wrong. Their wave doesnt have anything to do with being lifted or going off road, it has to do with having a short wheelbase open top Jeep. Thats why XJs arent included. Sometimes a built XJ will get a wave from a built TJ/YJ/CJ, that does have to do with mods and mud but most are SWB open top waves between themselves. Dont begrudge them, they dont think they are better, just different just like the motorcycle wave. Driving an open top SWB Jeep requires a lifestyle change with sacrifices and hardships so those who live it feel that bond. Obviously the older MBs, Willys and CJs make more sacrifices than the YJs and TJs but they still carry on that bond.
Has nothing to do with unibodies, stationwagons or square headlights.

Well, the wife drives a 4dr Sahara and when she lets me behind the wheel I get a shit load of more waves than I do in the moded XJ, and the Sahara is completely stock.

Well, the wife drives a 4dr Sahara and when she lets me behind the wheel I get a shit load of more waves than I do in the moded XJ, and the Sahara is completely stock.

Exactly my point. Has nothing to do with off road or lift, it has to do with SWB open top tradition. (even though a 4 door isnt really a SWB)

well ill apologize if i was outta line, ill try and curb my attitude... its not intentional.

last year my civic took first in the 0-600 watt class with 2 jl w3 12's sealed in my civic, i only hit 139.3 but that was pretty impressive considering the competition and how many people sandbagged using 1 ohm amps so they had like 1500-2000 actual power but 600 or less at 4 ohms. and using the new stiffer termpro mics.

Thats why i won't do anything except bass race when i get something to put a system in. Too many people sandbag in DB drags. My buddy was up against several guys with 2-3 times more money in their rigs than he has in his. He hit a 158.4 at that comp. It was impressive considering they were testing the system a few days before the comp and cracked the box and had to rebuild it 2 days before the comp!

Back