• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

Ladies?

When you go to the mall or a large parking lot after the snow storm just to climb the snow piles to see how well it will flex.

Funny you mention that alex, I had to sent the ESC for my Bandit back to Traxxas for service last Monday and parked in a spot with a large pile of snow and couldn't fully pull into the spot. When I walked out of the post office there was a short haul truck waiting to back into the tiny and packed p/o lot. I decided to wait in that spot until the trucker could get his rig to the loading dock (not easy, the guy has to back around a corner in that small lot too) and when the truck got to where I was it looked like he needed more room to swing the cab of the truck around so I put the Jeep in drive and started to drive up on the pile as far as I could, hoping it would give him enough space. The part of the snow pile I drove up was probably about 12" or so tall and only on the driver's side of the truck, I wanted to get out and take a picture, but didn't want to open the door and worry about twisting the unibody.

You have to bring in firewood and drive the jeep across the snowy yard instead of taking the sled.
photo00028gb0.jpg

....and then can't wait till you can come in and post a picture on NAXJA

You know you own an XJ when... You try telling these jokes to people who dont and each and every one goes over their head.

Originally Posted by joe_peters
When your son is glad to help with modifications because he knows it will someday be his

My son who will be 16 in May like this one, I DONT.

Mac

you know you an XJ when have half the nuts and bolts are metric and the other half are sae.

How true. I'm always searching for the correct socket.

Tonight reminded me why i drive an xj. I was out in the local power lines in playing in about 2ft of snow. I came across a stock Wj that was stuck in the snow. So i pull him out. Then he gets stuck again right on the main trail. I had to pull this idiot out 3 times. I finally ended up just pulling him to the end of the trail. Then turns out his buddy was coming out to pull him out. Well his friend got his full size chevy stuck in a rut. Then he gets stuck again so i ended up pulling him out twice. In the mean time the stuff they were getting stuck in i was going through like nothing.
i have 3" of shitty lift. but 4 brand new 235/75/15 snow tires.

In the mean time the stuff they were getting stuck in i was going through like nothing.

reminds me of my buddy in his 6" lifted ford f150 on 35 bfg at's and me with a stock height and 4 new 235/75/15 bfg m/t km's... my buddy got stuck from lack of traction, i got... um slowed down from a snow filled trail barely wide enough for 2 vehicles ( i tried to go around 2 vehicles in reverse and ended up sliding into a rut and pinned against the wall, but it only took me 5 minutes or so to work my way out without help.) come on now... its a jeep right, jeeps dont get stuck lol:guitar:

When you see the Cadillac commercials that ask "when you turn your car on does it return the favor?" And you answer yes, yes it does, if it starts.

...your wife got a folding stool as a wedding gift with a note that said "for getting into your new jeep"

Tonight reminded me why i drive an xj. I was out in the local power lines in playing in about 2ft of snow. I came across a stock Wj that was stuck in the snow. So i pull him out. Then he gets stuck again right on the main trail. I had to pull this idiot out 3 times. I finally ended up just pulling him to the end of the trail. Then turns out his buddy was coming out to pull him out. Well his friend got his full size chevy stuck in a rut. Then he gets stuck again so i ended up pulling him out twice. In the mean time the stuff they were getting stuck in i was going through like nothing.

I think that hands down, an XJ in stock form is one of the most capable 4x4s off the lot. Honestly id take a stock xj over a stock anything.

Wow so much truth to this thread LOL

...when your girlfriends mom looks at your jeep and says "it could be worse"

...when your girlfriends dad asks you what you are taking his daughter out in and politely requests that you take his car instead.

...when people argue with you when you call it a jeep, so you point to the jeep emblem right in the front, then use the same finger to flip them off.

...when people confuse it with a grand cherokee when you say cherokee and you actually get offended

...when your $300 stock 92 XJ out does an 04 rubicon, a lifted 01 f150, and a small troop of $10,000 quads and you get to laugh at them afterwards.

...if your rear window washer fluid nozzle is busted off so your jeep just pees on whatever is behind it.

...when you have to tell every passenger that rides shotgun to "shut the door like a man"

...when you actually shout for joy when you fix something on it and it actually works.

...when you can outrun a subaru going uphill but have to stop at the top because your temp gauge is pegged out on red

...if you can hide full SWAT gear under your back seat bottom.

...if anyone has ever asked you if you have a custom exhaust installed and you answer with "no, the muffler just fell off."

...if you've ever went romping through sagebrush, scratching up what little paint you have, but then flipped out on a friend for setting a soda on the hood.

...if you've ever went romping through sagebrush, scratching up what little paint you have, but then flipped out on a friend for setting a soda on the hood.

LMAO!!
So True... and its not so much that your worried about the paint, but you don't want to risk washing prized mud off!!!

When you avoid going a certain speed because it vibrates....______ (insert yours here).

When the car wash you go to is a river crossing.

When your hand is raw every Saturday afternoon from scrubbing off the 4 stamps from the junkyards you just went to.

When you tell your wife you're going shopping, and she asks if it's half price weekend at the junkyard.

When your daughter thinks she can beat you at thumb wrestling, because she has to open the passenger side door every morning to get a ride to school.

When your 4 door is only a 2 seater because you always have spare stuff in the cargo area.

Back