• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yella's 5.9 ZJ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayyyy better.

Can YJ's be part of this "other jeep" section? Or is it only reserved for rickety old yuppie bastards that drive Grands to the mall to walk around and stare at highschool chicks all the while dreaming back to their glory days back in '71 when they were in highschool and could actually get chicks like that?

:D

Icons ftw btw

rickety old yuppie bastards that drive Grands to the mall to walk around and stare at highschool chicks all the while dreaming back to their glory days back in '71 when they were in highschool and could actually get chicks like that?

sounds like you speak from experience -- mature beyond your years?:gee:

Can YJ's be part of this "other jeep" section? Or is it only reserved for rickety old yuppie bastards that drive Grands to the mall to walk around and stare at highschool chicks all the while dreaming back to their glory days back in '71 when they were in highschool and could actually get chicks like that?

Icons ftw btw

And what is wrong with that????

Icons ftw btw

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I vote Moabs.

They look awesome on XJs and Im sure they look pretty good on ZJs too.

I wish I had lowered my DD XJ. 1'' drop, 17s, bigger brakes, turbo..... :D

sounds like you speak from experience -- mature beyond your years?:gee:

Dude I've been a heavy diesel mechanic and a soldier for 10yrs now. I'm as sore and worn down as a 50yr old at 27. It sucks, I'm telling you. I'm only 27 and have back pain, knee pains, arthritis, carpul tunnel, etc etc etc. They never tell you that in highschool when you mention what you want your career choice to be. You say mechanic, welder, and soldier and they say "here is the schooling you need", they don't mention the fact that your body is going to age 3X faster than everyone elses.

Dude I've been a heavy diesel mechanic and a soldier for 10yrs now. I'm as sore and worn down as a 50yr old at 27. It sucks, I'm telling you. I'm only 27 and have back pain, knee pains, arthritis, carpul tunnel, etc etc etc. They never tell you that in highschool when you mention what you want your career choice to be. You say mechanic, welder, and soldier and they say "here is the schooling you need", they don't mention the fact that your body is going to age 3X faster than everyone elses.

with that kind of attitude, you're never gonna score any hotties at the mall, grams.:laugh:

Good to know what I've got to look forward to :gag:

Find some KJ Renegade wheels.

jA_640.jpg

P.S. You know you want to..............
drool.gif

Picture_113.jpg

Last edited:
chinga, mang.

I love my wife. :)

She borrowed the Grand today (the TBSS is in the body shop getting an "oops" fixed) and brought it back all kinds of detailed! :thumbup: Carpet steam cleaned, leather treated, even had a star in the windshield fixed..... It cleaned up really nice I think. (Dadgummit - forgot to put the floor mats back in before the pics :doh:)

100_0733.jpg

100_0736.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0742.jpg

100_0737.jpg

Well, it's far from perfect, but it sure did clean up nice.

I gotta rebuild the front end - definitely needs a track bar and likely some control arm bushings and LBJ's. Bangs and bumpsteers like an old farm truck when it hits a pot hole or bump in the road. Not entirely convinced the rear track bar isn't a little loose too.

Needs shocks - OEM ones on it now ain't cutting it.

Heated seats aren't working.

All of the dadgum stereo speakers are blown.

Both the tensioner and idler pulleys need replaced - squeaky bearings.

Probably do a set of plugs/wires/cap/rotor - they all look like OEM parts.

Auto headlight feature freaks out at twilight - head lights blink on and off like crazy like the light sensor is jacked up or something. And the dash light brightness won't adjust off of bright. (Probably just needs that entire head light/dash light panel/switch replaced.)

Needs hatch struts for the glass and the hatch (when my wife returned, I found that the detail guys left a metal pole in the cargo area they'd used to prop up the hatch ..... :laugh:) I gotta say though..... Chrysler screwed the pooch by NOT making the hatch glass flip up on the XJ like this Grand's does. I like that feature a lot. :thumbup:

Front rotors are out of round. It pulsates pretty bad with moderate braking. (rear brakes were definitely on the metal - fixed those already with new pads and rotors)

The header panel understructure that holds the lights/lenses/grill/bumper cover is all busted up - probably just order a new one off Ebay - all the ones I found in the yards were cracked/broken to some degree if they were still on the vehicles.

And I gotta get that steering wheel re-covered or find a decent one at the junk yard..... that one spot at the top of the wheel that's open/peeling is driving me nuts..... :D (Tried to pull one at the yard yesterday, but I'll be damned if the puller bolts didn't pull out of the threads when I tried to remove it.....wheel frame is friggin aluminum.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back