• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj vrs toy

me, my brother in law and a friend of mine went out wheeling about 3 weeks ago. Brother-in-law has an 4Runner, me and friend have XJs. the toy with 32 mud terrains couldn't get up a bank i got up with bald 31 all terrains. my truck totally out preformed his in every way. he ended up swamping his motor and trans in a creek that i crossed fine.

mike

XJhabitat said:
sorry i kno what i said might have been off topic i was just trying to say go wheelin and try to have some fun.
haha dont worry about it, he wasnt talking about you

Gecko321 said:
me, my brother in law and a friend of mine went out wheeling about 3 weeks ago. Brother-in-law has an 4Runner, me and friend have XJs. the toy with 32 mud terrains couldn't get up a bank i got up with bald 31 all terrains. my truck totally out preformed his in every way. he ended up swamping his motor and trans in a creek that i crossed fine.

mike

An IFS 4Runner (which is probably what you're talking about) is no comparison to a Cherokee. They're huge, heavy, and very very underpowered, especially with the 3.0 V6.

Gecko321 said:

mike

90% of off road driving is the driver. The vehicle makes little difference if the person behind the wheel doesn't know how to drive.

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

I'm not too fond of Toys :D

Back