• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front Hitch Reciever

TheEddie

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is a Draw-Tite Front Reciever Hitch for any year XJ. It comes complete with all mounting hardware and is in good shape.

I opted to install this hitch over tow hooks because it spreads the load better and also stiffens the front unibody. This hitch is also much better suited for side pulls as tow hooks often get bent out of shape in that situation.

I'll take $80 for it. Local pick up preferred but will ship on buyers dime.

Here it is installed on my 98.
kajixl.jpg

24n0cg7.jpg

Yeah it'll fit a 96 They are all the same structurally in that area

Is this sold if not PM me.

I put one of these on my XJ, it's a great way to get a winch mounted or get a strong recovery point if you're not ready to drop hundreds on an aftermarket bumper quite yet.

A note for the pre-91 models: My 89 was missing the 1/2" holes up front (it's a Renix thing?), so I had to drill those into the front crossmember, not a big deal but having a beefy drill is nice. The rear hole and slot use the swaybar mounting holes; I would recommend getting longer bolts. I had to remove my C-rok outer plate to get enough bolt thread for it to stay in.

I put one of these on my XJ, it's a great way to get a winch mounted or get a strong recovery point if you're not ready to drop hundreds on an aftermarket bumper quite yet.

A note for the pre-91 models: My 89 was missing the 1/2" holes up front (it's a Renix thing?), so I had to drill those into the front crossmember, not a big deal but having a beefy drill is nice. The rear hole and slot use the swaybar mounting holes; I would recommend getting longer bolts. I had to remove my C-rok outer plate to get enough bolt thread for it to stay in.

We all have to drill there :cheers:

Sorry guys, I shipped it to a guy in New Mexico. Cost me $37 with FedEx because of the no-box handling fee. UPS would have been about $43.

Back