• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Facebook Groups... Gah!

There is some dude on the XJ/MJ group that, on a thread about pooping on the hood of the new Cherokee, said that he'd prefer a Toyota FJ over a Jeep JK because the FJ is an IFS vehicle and that straight axle stuff is unreliable.

First and only Jeep guy that I've ever heard say that!

Yet he wants to poop on the hood of the KL? lol

30312689.jpg

!!!

I unjoined the page after a week. The constant thread updates kept reminding me how f****** stupid 99% of people are.

Things I learned tonight

Dana 35 never Came in a late model XJ

Dana 8.25 is not C-clip

Re: Re: XJ Facebook Groups... Gah!

I joined a while back... I just can't believe some people...

Just now was browsing and this guy posts pics of his xj with "custom" hood intake. Looks like barbecue cooker on the hood but whatever... so of course I got to go look at his other pics...

and found this....

I try to count the number of things wrong in that picture and keep losing count.

I joined a while back... I just can't believe some people...

Just now was browsing and this guy posts pics of his xj with "custom" hood intake. Looks like barbecue cooker on the hood but whatever... so of course I got to go look at his other pics...

and found this....

Hey as soon an he hits the brakes the paint will come right off.......and get all up in his pad compound.......and the paint will probably light on fire.

Hey as soon an he hits the brakes the paint will come right off.......and get all up in his pad compound.......and the paint will probably light on fire.

The only thing that could make that scenario better, is if the driver somehow spontaneously combusted while trying to put it out.

That part is fine... I've painted lots of rotor hats/drums before because I'm a neat freak... braking has lots of vibes for a few miles & then all is fine. Hit the pads/shoes w/ sandpaper & brakleen after everything wears in if you are worried about contamination. Now the sway bar links... *shudder*

The "stronger, upgraded axles are pointless if you know how to wheel" argument strikes again! Anywhere your one tons and 40's can go, so can a stock Dana 30 and 8.25 on 35s can do just as well and never break. Because you know, driver skill.

Depends a lot on the area you wheel. Out here I think there is some truth to that. In the mud, slick rocks and trees that you guys have...not so much.

Back