• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 44's and Wagoneer 44's?

67TEMP said:
If your looking for a direct bolt in another thing to consider is gear ratio. Most 4.0l auto xj's are going to have 3.55. I'm regearing soon so I'm gonna pull the axels off a 90 grand waggy with gears in the 2's and have them redone. If i was doing a swap for just strength and not regearing i'd be looking more into xj's
True. Standard gearing on the waggy is 2.73. The tow package had 3.31. Ugh for an XJ.

<sarcasim>
my LP front d44 from a waggy had the same spring perches SOA as my cherokee

i just bolted it in!
</sarcasim>

and you guys have to remember that most waggy's came with the 360 V8, so numericaly high gears arent necesary...
and some of them came with 401's....

XJ_ranger said:
<sarcasim>
my LP front d44 from a waggy had the same spring perches SOA as my cherokee

i just bolted it in!
</sarcasim>

and you guys have to remember that most waggy's came with the 360 V8, so numericaly high gears arent necesary...
and some of them came with 401's....

So true. When I first got my Waggy (360), I kept waiting for it to go into 4th gear (the 727 is a 3 speed). I would hate to hear it @ 70 mph with 4.10s in there.

There was only one mention of a coil sprung Waggy 44 front. I was wondering if anyone tried to swap the coil buckets from their D-30 to the front 44? When we torched off the buckets the diameter came pretty close... but we have no idea how to locate the control arm mounts.

Any insight would be appreciated.
-bc

Back