• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 4.5" Lift , Intake, BB, 6.5" front springs

StrangeDuck

NAXJA Forum User
Parted out my old XJ and have a few leftovers. All items are located in North San Diego:

SUSPENSION - $400
I was getting about 4.5” total of lift with some armor and no heavy-duty bumpers or winch. My Cherokee sat nice and level and I was able to run 31” tires with no sway bars and some light trimming. Everything was used but not abused. This lift kit includes:
- Front coils...got about 2.5" out of them
- Stock rear springs with an add-a-leaf
- 2” coil spacers for the front
- 1.5” Rocky Road greasable shackles with poly bushings. Approx. 5,000 miles on these and the spacers.
- ProComp non-adjustable lower control arms with poly bushings. Approx. 5,000 miles on these so the bushings are still like new. Some of the paint on the end of the arms has flaked off where I tapped it with a hammer to install it, but does not affect the function at all.
- JKS Quicker Disconnects for the front swaybar. Approx. 5,000 miles on these.
- Front and rear Bilstein 5100 shocks for a 4” lift (BE5-6241-H7 and BE5-6686-H5). LESS THAN 1,000 MILES they are practically brand new!

Sorry, don’t have pics of the shocks or disconnects as I can’t find the memory card for my camera at the moment. I'll try to get some shortly.

Suspension is going as a set. Will not separate.

DSCN0723.jpg

DSCN0724.jpg

DSCN0726.jpg

INTAKE - $80
Air intake that the PO told me was from XJ Armor. It includes the intake body itself and a K&N filter that has about 2,000 miles on it. Note that this DOES NOT have the CARB sticker so it is technically not smog legal. That being said, my XJ passed smog with flying colors on its last smog test with the same intake and an old K&N filter. The CARB sticker is a visual test, you just have to either know the right smog guy or introduce him to "Mr Washington" :D

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

ROCKY ROAD OUTFITTERS 2" BB - $100

Brand new Rocky Road Outfitters 2” budget boost for XJs or MJs. This kit sould allow you to run 30” tires with no trimming. I was going to run this on the GF's XJ but sold it first. This includes the following:
- 2” coil spacers for the front
- 1.5” Rocky Road greasable shackles with poly bushings.
- 1/2" lift blocks for the rear.

You can either run this alone or on top of another lift. It's the same kit that I have on the suspension above and I was really happy with it. I paid $130 shipped for this kit but now it’s just gathering dust on my shelf. Hopefully someone else has a use for it.
DSCN0736.jpg

RUSTY'S OFFROAD 6.5" FRONT SPRINGS - $80

New, never installed. I wasn planning on using these to go bigger on my XJ but it never happened. Part number RC-CS808-XJ. Once again, will add pics when I find the memory card. These go for $150 + shipping...

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-CS808-XJ&Category_Code=COILS

put me inline for the lift kits, it sounds like you have 2 different lifts available, any deals if I take both? I have some side work this weekend and by sunday night I will know if I can put down an offer.

yep, 2 different lifts. I already have a couple people interested in the one with the shocks. BB still up for grabs. I'll update as things sell... PM me when you know more

Interested in the 6.5 springs but have to get tires first.

Interested in the 6.5 springs but have to get tires first.

ya need these first, otherwise the tires won't fit.... heh heh

found the memory card but the garage is all cluttered with stuff I didn't want to get wet. at least it gives you an idea of what the rest looks like. I pulled down the shock boots slightly on a couple of the shocks to show the shafts are still like new (didn't have an extra hand to hold 'em down...)

SHOCKS AND DISCONNECTS
ShocksandDiscos.jpg

RUSTY's 6.5" Springs with Craftsman 10" and 12" measuring devices for reference. the white stamp says "Rusty's 808"
RustysSprings.jpg

I'm definitely interested in the springs. Let me know the cost shipped to San Jose, CA 95123. I got money ready to go.
Edit: send me a PM in case I forget to check here.

Last edited:
So this IS being parted?
Interested mainly in the shackes, so how much shipped to 93444.
I guess also give me a price on Pro-Comp LCA's, and the set of bilstein 5100s, are these bolt on or are BPE's required?

So this IS being parted?
Interested mainly in the shackes, so how much shipped to 93444.
I guess also give me a price on Pro-Comp LCA's, and the set of bilstein 5100s, are these bolt on or are BPE's required?

heya johnnie.... nope, not being parted. the 6.5" springs that sold were separate from the 4.5" lift.

just to be clear, I have the following for sale:

1. 4.5" lift (coil springs + spacers, shocks, discos, LCAs, rear leafs + shackles). shocks do not require BPEs as they have BPs (see pics). If you have BPEs, knock the BPs out with a BFH and you're G2G. $400
2. Air intake + K&N Filter. For those "that like the cars that go 'vroom'" $80
3. 2" Budget Boost for those on a budget (coil spacers, shackles, blocks). $100

if you decide to part keep me in mind i would love the 2.5 coils, leafs and lcas! i just dont want to go 4+ inches in the air

if you decide to part keep me in mind i would love the 2.5 coils, leafs and lcas! i just dont want to go 4+ inches in the air
Buy both kits, and I'll buy some parts off you (=

if i had the 400 ide be allover that!

Back