• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Well Maintained XJ

I remember when I bought mine. I didn't know much and it seemed like the good ones went quickly. I think you'll find it, but be patient.

And I'd sell mine for $4500. 2000 xj with about 140K on it. I know you don't want this year, but the head hasn't cracked yet so I don't think it will. Regeared to 4.56. Rear axles has Alloy shafts. Front swapped to high pinion with stock shafts with the bigger U-joints. Rear has a detroit locker. Front has a Spartan which sometmes clicks and grabs when in 2wd. Roof rack with tire carrier and jack mount. Hack and Tap S"YE with front DS in rear. Frame has had frame stiffeners added. 4.5" lift. comes with uninstalled RE drop brackets (have brackets but no braces) and Bushwacker fenders and an old Grand Cherokee Gas Tank Skid that will require some modifactions tomake work. Also has rock rails.

P1070223.jpg
Has 31's in picture but sitting on 33's now.

R

i heard they actually blow up on you spontaniously while driving. Usually only when along side a bus of nuns or children.
the ford 2.9 in the rangers was notorious for cracked heads as well, but i never cracked one, and i tried on a few. i had one with 345k on it and no problems. i think people always make it seem worse than it is.

When I bought the XJ the head issue was brought up. Someone said that they figured I was probably safe if it had gone this long. So I haven't really worried about it. And you can get replacement heads from the 03 and newer 4.0's that solve the problem, so it's not like you're stuck.

A friend of a friend is selling his 95 3" lift, 31's, custom front and rear bumpers, winch, owned it for 12 years, all records, etc. Problem is, it has ABS and thus D35 rear. We wants $4k for it. Is the D35 really that bad to make me want to keep searching?

A friend of a friend is selling his 95 3" lift, 31's, custom front and rear bumpers, winch, owned it for 12 years, all records, etc. Problem is, it has ABS and thus D35 rear. We wants $4k for it. Is the D35 really that bad to make me want to keep searching?

My opinion is "No, it's not that bad." It will probably be fine with 31's. If you want to go bigger you will want to swap it out, but you can usually find 8.25 or D44's for not too much money that will bolt right up.

Back