• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB front winch bumper... anybody have a good source?

broclirobb

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a front winch bumper similar to nates 4x4 recessed.
I really cant spend 400+, anybody know someone who makes these are knows a friend that needs to sell??
Im in LA

Looking for a front winch bumper similar to nates 4x4 recessed.
I really cant spend 400+, anybody know someone who makes these are knows a friend that needs to sell??
Im in LA

Talk to Max (Dirtbound Offroad) He's in LA and makes solid bumpers for a great price. He's a vendor on here. Screen name is "webdog"

Theres some guy making them over on Cherokee forum. His name is Chris I believe. He had some good prices if I remember correct, under 300.

Any chance you can find his member name? i just looked through all the vendor pages, only ones im finding for less than 300 you need to bend and weld together your self...

so far the best deal im finding is this:
http://nates4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=77

he said he'd do $425 shipped with d tabs, bar, and light tabs.

Do not buy from nates 4x4/

Not sure why people say this, but I had bought a rear bumper/tire carrier from another member new and have not had any issues with it. I have smashed it on a lot of rocks and have not dented it. Not sure why everyone dislikes his stuff. The only issue I have with it is that it is plain.

I bought a slimline recessed bumper from him years ago. Took months longer than expected, it was not protected durring shipping so it was very scratched. It did not fit at first, and once it did, it was a very poor fit that stuck out 2 inches in front of the grill for very bad looks, it was not symetrical and in my opinion not worth th $300 i bought it for at the time. That is why I tell people not to buy from him.

i looked that one before, he is also selling them on ebay.

I was really leaning towards the nates one because of the extended sides. I have a pre 96 xj and would have to trim the body a bit and don't really like the look of the missing body to the wheel well. Also I still have my fender flares on I only have 32"s...
can anyone else comment on the fit of the nates bumpers that may have bought one recently?

FYI you can call nate and he will change the look of the bumper if needed. I was going to go with his prerunner bumper, but wanted it cut down more on the sides like the jCRs and he said he would do it for free.

i looked that one before, he is also selling them on ebay.

I was really leaning towards the nates one because of the extended sides. I have a pre 96 xj and would have to trim the body a bit and don't really like the look of the missing body to the wheel well. Also I still have my fender flares on I only have 32"s...
can anyone else comment on the fit of the nates bumpers that may have bought one recently?
In his Pirate thread, RLC says he can do custom stuff. Probably wouldn't be too much to ask him to to the little kickers on the sides.

thanks to everyone who replied!

i finally found a good deal on craigslist for $300, came with hellas too!
not sure who makes it though... looks like an ARB but the lights are different.
1c7d9349.jpg

Back