• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: complete Chrysler 8.25 rear axle

Mike Costin

NAXJA Forum User
Hello NAC

I'm looking for a complete Chrysler 8.25" rear axle, preferably with brakes still intact

I busted my diff today and I am looking for a quick axle swap to get me through the winter (95 XJ NP231 AX15)

I am in NJ exit 105, cash in hand, willing to travel

Thought I'd ask here first before I check the junkyards

Thanks in advance

Hello NAC

I'm looking for a complete Chrysler 8.25" rear axle, preferably with brakes still intact

I busted my diff today and I am looking for a quick axle swap to get me through the winter (95 XJ NP231 AX15)

I am in NJ exit 105, cash in hand, willing to travel

Thought I'd ask here first before I check the junkyards

Thanks in advance

Exit 105? Let me know if you need a hand, I'm at the same exit.

i have one with 3.55's that just needs a pinion yoke...if you can find me a comanche axle i would trade you straight across

....what broke? i have a clean stock carrier with 3.55's sitting here collecting dust.
Rich

Hi Rich,

I was able to look at it today in daylight

Seems like the pinion nut backed off completely into the U joint and driveshaft dropped out with yoke still attached.

The rear U-joint on the DS was destroyed in the process and the driveshaft got a 2" long, 1/16" deep dent diagonal to its length. I'm not sure if the DS is still true. One of the parking brake cables took a beating but did not sever. The yoke shroud took a beating but is salvageable.

The pinion bearings and seal need replacement.

The rear locked up when it was winched up the flatbed and the tires dragged most of the way. But coming back down it rolled freely.

Not sure what else is busted yet.. Going to open it up this weekend if I can find the time.

Hi Rich,

I was able to look at it today in daylight

Seems like the pinion nut backed off completely into the U joint and driveshaft dropped out with yoke still attached.

The rear U-joint on the DS was destroyed in the process and the driveshaft got a 2" long, 1/16" deep dent diagonal to its length. I'm not sure if the DS is still true. One of the parking brake cables took a beating but did not sever. The yoke shroud took a beating but is salvageable.

The pinion bearings and seal need replacement.

The rear locked up when it was winched up the flatbed and the tires dragged most of the way. But coming back down it rolled freely.

Not sure what else is busted yet.. Going to open it up this weekend if I can find the time.

Ooof...well keep me posted, I have leftover parts from a Yukon master install kit that should set you up as to the pinion bearing, and the carrier I mentioned before...Let me know if you need them.
Rich

I've got one in MD. perfect drum-to-drum ready to swap condition. Brakes are all new, including drums and wheel cylinders. Make the drive and it's yours. I tried selling it for $100 a while ago with no catches. Now I'd rather it just go to someone in need.

I've got one in MD. perfect drum-to-drum ready to swap condition. Brakes are all new, including drums and wheel cylinders. Make the drive and it's yours. I tried selling it for $100 a while ago with no catches. Now I'd rather it just go to someone in need.

I'd be happy to throw you $100 for it. It is a long drive so it will take me a couple weeks to get the time to get down there. I will be in touch! Thank you sir

Keep me posted! It's literally been sitting in our lush, climate controlled 200 car storage basement for the past 4 months haha. Not going anywhere soon so no worries.

Bump

Trying to get in touch with DanMan2k06 -- I'd like to drive down and buy that axle from you!

Still looking if anyone has one for sale

Thank you all

I have a complete drum to drum axle assembly 3.55 gears, phenomenal condition as it came from new mexico. It would just need e-brake cables. I'm a couple hours from you, but could cut you a deal.

He needs the axle to have 3.07s to be a direct swap.

I have a 27 spline with 3.07 sitting in my barn you can have, needs spiders and a c clip

I have 2 29 spline 8.25's for sale. Both 3.55's complete. Both out of running/driving XJ's, one an 01 and the other a 98. I know the 98 had super low miles on it, it was pulled and replaced with a 9 inch. I'm in 15642 Pennsylvania. Im willing to meet on the PA turnpike somewhere near bedford for $125 for an axle or buy both for $200

I have 2 29 spline 8.25's for sale. Both 3.55's complete. Both out of running/driving XJ's, one an 01 and the other a 98. I know the 98 had super low miles on it, it was pulled and replaced with a 9 inch. I'm in 15642 Pennsylvania. Im willing to meet on the PA turnpike somewhere near bedford for $125 for an axle or buy both for $200

PM'ed!

Back