• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ brakes on my 2wd XJ /?'s about steering.

PartyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have upgraded my booster and mc.
I have collected all the parts needed for the brake upgrade.
My 94 jeep being a 2wd and a daily driver at stock height.

I am stuck at wondering how to proceed with the steering
part of this.

Can I use my stock steering with the wj knuckles? trackbar location? Not having the pumpkin would it be easier in my case not having to worry about clearence issues?

Ideally I would like to use somehing beefier than my stock xj stuff.

Buy the Clayton off road wj swap links, and buy moog/ other premium brand replacement tre from your local parts store, rockauto, etc.

Stock steering will work with a drop pitman arm to keep angles aligned properly.

Would the zj pitman work?

I can get the stock tie rod, drag and track from the donor I got the knuckles,booster,mc, and sway bar from..if they would work I think Im set and would save myself time and a whole lot of money

V8 ZJ steering + ZJ pitman arm will work very well. That's what I had set up & I had no bump steer, no problems at all. Stock height, this is the way to go.
The ZJ pitman arm is 3/4" lower than the XJ unit, which is good because the WJ tie rod location is about 3/4" lower as well.
The crossover steering is great but involves a lot more work and money. On my XJ, now my brother in law's, it wasn't worth it to me: the brakes are fantastic and the steering is like stock.

EDIT: to be 100% clear, you can use the stock track bar + steering components if you add the ZJ pitman arm.
The track bar, custom fabb'ed steering links, etc only matter if you want to use crossover type steering.

Thank you sir!!!

Im not planning on offroading this jeep. I live in Los angeles and drive my jeep on freways ALL over southern california as I am a drywaller. My main reason for doing this is the improved braking. Lord knows I need it sometimes in this city .

Back