• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest Camping - details and contact info

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Camping will be availible at the new campgrounds onsite at the badlands.

There will be sites with electricity and possibly sites with water depending on the weather. There will be portajohns availible. The shower house at the Badlands will be open for use, as the campground shower facilities will not be open at this time.

There will be appropiate places for a fire at the campground as well (fyi fire isn't allowed camping by the river in town).

Alcohol is officially not allowed, however its not going to be policed, and unofficially off the record common sense is the key.

Alcohol is never to be brought into the Badlands offroad park.

I didnt discuss prices, however I was told they will be very resonable due to the campgrounds not being complete.

If you are coming and planning to camp, you can call the campgrounds at the contact info below. The owner would like folks that are coming to give him a quick buzz and let him know, so he has a idea of what to expect.

for more info:
www.atticacamping.com
[email protected]
765-762-6189 (answering machine there if no answer)

mac 'sorry for the delay, couldn't get phone calls returned' gyvr

Hey MacGyver....

you bring up a good point, and it might be good to explain this specifically....

we all know naxja runs are No-alcohol, and that's what makes our club REAL since we are serious about this...

things are a bit different at the attica badlands gate....they don't know you from a hill of zhit, and they don't know (or care) that the beer you brought in your cooler for the campsite is for AFTERWARD....

so you guys/gals that are coming DIRECT to the badlands, should either have a secure place OFFSITE to keep your stuff, or keep the cooler beer/alcohol free, and pick up your drinkie-drinks later on.....

they check coolers at random, and they do a good job searching.....

if you forget this, and show up in attica with beer in your cooler, and are asked what's in your cooler DON"T LIE! they WILL search, they will find it, and you won't be wheeling......and it makes our entire group look bad....

please take this seriously.

Everything Beez says is true, I had beer in my cooler in my bus and they made me remove it from the bus, so I just went outside the gates and hid it behind a tree in hopes that the little Attica beer thieves wouldn't find it. It kept me worried all day. :shock:

beeeeeeeeeeeeer is tasty...........

well i was told the main point of this whole no alcohol at the cmpground was to keep folks from running to the campground and getting drunk and then going onthe trails in the afternoon. if you are smart and keep your stuff outside the gate then its all cool. that's why i always buy my stuff after the trail run, it may cost a bit more than bringing it with, but when you can't have it in the park, you CAN'T have it in the park!

mac 'common sense applies here' gyvr

hmmmm....

now that makes sense....

Fore, one time I came straight to attica with a full beer cooler....

didn't even think of it....

I showed up at the gate, and they asked me.....

I knew better than to lie, its important to keep your karma clean you know.....so they turned me around......I stashed the cache right near the sign liek you did.........and it was GONE......sonnavabitch!!!!

it must be a local secret.......like checking for change in the soda machine.....sometimes you get lucky.

alcohol, wheeling and camping

ALCOHOL is NOT allowed inside the BADLANDS. No if ans or buts about it. Alcohol is 'technically' not allowed at the campgrounds. However, common sense does apply at the campground and by being sensible about it, there wont be any problems.

If you are bring alcohol with you, you'll need to set up camp wherever you camp and LEAVE it there! Or leave it on FourWheelers bus or wheverever. Dont go back to camp and drink during lunch, save it for after the trail. Alcohol will not be permited on the trail, niether will drunkeness, not just NAXJA rules but also Badlands rules, you can and will be thrown out for good of the Badlands for breaking the rules.

As far as camping rates, they will be lower due to the fact that the campgrounds aren't completely finished. Contact the campground directly for the rates via the contact info in my first post. The owner does know that we are coming.

mac 'not camping' gyvr

Back