• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winterfest 2013

Uh, whut?

Had a little campfire in the back passenger panel, wire harness lit-up... So now I'm ripping out the interior so do the floors and I have o replace about 1.5-2ft of wire harness, and a connector, possibly the tail-light housing....

I'd just solder it, or quick connects. Fix it later. Happened on my motorcycle, and I ended up just getting rid of all connectors.

I'll prob just quick connect for now, I can't get a trailer in time which means I'd have to drive down, so working tail-lights are a must... Also need to find a spare up here cause I'm not going to drive 500-600 miles with a tire that has a bulge in it...

I'm surprised you welded that with any interior near it at all... that's a bad area to do that in. I think there's even a giant wad of sound deadening insulation in there.

I'm surprised you welded that with any interior near it at all... that's a bad area to do that in. I think there's even a giant wad of sound deadening insulation in there.

Insulation had be removed when I cut the lower quarter off... I had done the drivers side and 60% of the pass-side just doing spot welds and allowing it to cool after 2-3 spots. However, I got too ambitious on the inner weld to the unibody and decided to try and do a 3in seam... Big mistake.

Don't forget to check your spare tire pressure. Mine was flat.

So my tires are suppose to be here Feb 15th, way ahead of schedule however, my HD offroad body stiffener and my front bumper yet to be installed...nevermind not having a rear bumper yet. Damn you IRS and your slow ass to getting refunds out

Slow to get refunds out? Filed last Monday, got my refund today.

My fault, I wasn't paying attention and letting things cool down properly(was welding the patch panel in) so yet another set-back...

I had a fire in that same spot luckily i caught it quick and only burned some wire insulation .. (also not being careful enough when welding).

i got away with using a knife to separate the wires and taping them , i count myself luck to not have burned my whole rig down .
there was extinguisher powder everywhere !

i still don't know what is going on in my life :( however, i did just find out that i will be working in chicago the 1st and 2nd. so, i may come down wednesday night, thursday, leave friday morning and come back sat afternoon. it would just be to hang out (and yes i will pay the full fee) in fact i've though about just paying, even if i can't make it. at this point, i dont' expect camping or food...i'm fully ready to fend for myself, i just would like to meet all you hooligans ;)

HOPEFULLY, i will know today what is happening...even if we are not moving, i may still come down on saturday night just to say hi to anyone who is still there.

i still don't know what is going on in my life :( however, i did just find out that i will be working in chicago the 1st and 2nd. so, i may come down wednesday night, thursday, leave friday morning and come back sat afternoon. it would just be to hang out (and yes i will pay the full fee) in fact i've though about just paying, even if i can't make it. at this point, i dont' expect camping or food...i'm fully ready to fend for myself, i just would like to meet all you hooligans ;)

HOPEFULLY, i will know today what is happening...even if we are not moving, i may still come down on saturday night just to say hi to anyone who is still there.

Same here... Pretty sure I'm not making it anymore.... But I'm not asking for a refund either... (Although I'd still like my shirts...)

If you're in Chicago, you have to at least hit the fire sat. night:cheers:

yea if nothing else head down for the fire sat night.
last year was the 1st year i stayed for the fire and i do not plan on missing it again.
from the city it probably only about 2.5/3 hours :dunno:

Same here... Pretty sure I'm not making it anymore.... But I'm not asking for a refund either... (Although I'd still like my shirts...)

Yep, you will get your packet (shirt, sticker and dash plaque) that you paid for. Just need to figure how to get it to you. You could drive your f truck down and hitch a ride and drink with us. :cheers:

Back