• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield wipers/pump died, any ideas what to check?

So did anyone figure their problem out? My 95 just did this today.

I've checked the fuses, they are fine.

I checked the column switch, it seems to be switching everything else on and off.

Then I checked the WW motor for power and it's not getting any.

The Washer pump is dead too, so I think it might be the circuit breaker, can I just short the two leads on the breaker to bypass it for a test? could there be anything else to check??

thanks in advance

If you bypass the circuit breaker, you could melt the wires, which could even short out more circuits in the wire harness. It's much safer to check the circuit breaker for continuity with an ohmeter, or even verify 12V on both sides of circuit breaker with a voltmeter. If you don't have a multimeter, you need one. $3-$8.

So I figured out my problem, One of the tabs on the circuit breaker had broken (probably for getting unknowingly kicked). And after two different dealers tried selling me a 20 amp and a 30 amp breaker (and they looked at me like I was the dumb one when I told them it was a 4.8 amp breaker) I decided to fix my broken breaker my-self.

I soldered 8 inch wire leads off the end of the breaker, insulated the one good tab and broken tab in hot melt glue, and put male spade lug connectors on the other end of the wire leads.

I then tie wrapped the breaker up high under the dash and ran the leads down to the fuse block to get plugged in. Now my windshield wipers work great again.

Thanks for your guys help.

Back