• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windows Movie Maker

Woodyjeepgirl

NAXJA Forum User
Alright,
So the hubby and I just got back from winterfest 2009 and we are in the process of making a movie. We have Windows Movie Maker on our computer. We have a simple Kodak Easy Share camera that takes pictures and video. You can play the videos on almost anything on my computer and the video noise will be loud but you can hear the trucks, and what not. But when we upload them in windows movie maker they are WAY TOO LOUD and are so distorted you can't stand to have sound with the video.

Now for my question.... How can I make the videos sound good.

Next question, I am really starting to dislike windows movie maker, can anyone suggest a better program or set up to make movies with pictures and video.

Thanks so much in advance, hopefully someone out there can help me!:spin1:

If you had a Mac, you could use iMovie. Not sure of any other windows movie editing programs.

I'm also not sure about how to lower the volume of the background in Movie Maker. Are you trying to reduce the volume of the trucks and leave the volume of other elements? If so, I'm not sure you can do that in Movie Maker; but I'm not 100%.

Okay, what I am trying to do is I want the sounds from the trucks but they are always distorted. In the program I can change the volume on the video i upload which just makes it quieter, still distorted though. I have also tried to change the amount of video versus music with no sucess either. I did see a post about sony vegas movie studio 9 which looks great, next thing i guess would be do i get the regular movie studio or do I get the platinum version. But somebody would have to own these to critic them for me.

Last edited:
Hmmm, not sure about what's causing that. Sounds like an importing/compression/conversion issue. Could be the sound is being distorted when it's imported, compressed and/or convertered.

Back