• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch bumper options

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, you guys have been into "today's market" for XJ parts, and I've been out of the loop for quite a while. I'm trying to help my buddy find a winch bumper for his XJ, but I honestly don't know who makes the best bang for the buck model out there. My last XJ had a Logan's Metal bumper, and my current one has a Warn. The Warn is out of his price range and Logan's seems to be spotty with on-time deliveries. What are your suggestions for a good solid winch bumper that could be had for $450 or less shipped? He's looking at a Rough Country unit that he says can be had for that price, but I honestly don't know anything about that one. I'm sure he wouldn't be opposed to buying a good used one, so I posted a wanted ad in our section.

EDIT: Also, a weld together "bumper kit" would work too if they're a good deal..

The Logan's stuff I saw at Winterfest looked really good.

I do like the Logan's bumpers and the prices are fair, but they come with an added cost of uncertainty on the delivery times. Iirc, mine took a bit longer than expected to arrive, and I've read complaints about that as well from others that have bought them. I'd rather pay a little extra rather than play the waiting game. Not sure how my buddy feels about it, but I'm sure he'd probably feel the same way.

My L&L bumper was $285 to my door. Hoops were another $60 I think? I made a winch and fairlead mount and had to trim the grille for it to sit as flush as I wanted. Took 8 or 9 weeks to get it, but is a nice piece. Nice welds and looks great, IMO. He is a one man shop in NC and has a long wait time right now I think.

He is a vendor on Cherokee Forum and has a FB page.

Looks like a good deal.

He sent me a text this morning telling me that he'd bitten the bullet and ordered one last night. I think he went with the one from Rough Country.

My biggest complaint with the one from them was how low it hung. My friend had it on his 8" and 35'd XJ and it was pretty low up front. Nice bumper though.

That was my complaint about the bumper that I had originally built for my trail rig. I hated that it stuck out past the grille 8 inches or so. Therefor, I sold it and have spent the last year trying to build another one to put back on there. lol

Back