• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will college get easier?

I started college as a Civil Engineer major and finished with a degree in Construction Management. Funny thing is I'll be taking the EIT/FE in October. When I pass it I'll be able to legally call myself an Engineer. My plan is to in time take the PE too.

Try to stick it out. Most modern day Engineers use 25 to maybe 50% of what they learned in college. If you decided that you can't hang, think about kicking down to a major that will keep you in the same "game" so to speak.

I look at college and degrees as a weeding out process. Not everyone is cut out to be an Engineer. Even after graduation many don't stay in the field.
If you stick it out, there's plenty of work for articulate and understandable English speaking Engineers.

Good Luck,
Always follow your heart....but never forget to pay attention to your wallet.
And once you graduate and get a job, always have a resume floating around.

RedBluff said:
Try to stick it out. Most modern day Engineers use 25 to maybe 50% of what they learned in college .

I don't even think it's that high, maybe and I stress maybe 15-25%

the last year is actually fun, at least was for me, I got sent to Hawaii to compete in an ASME design competition. Tough it out, it gets better.
Chris

The design competitions are fun, they make the trouble of classes worth it.
The SAE Clean Snowmobile is a good competition to get into, I'm sure the other SAE/ASME design teams are just as cool.

Back