• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why Should I Buy An XJ?!

the ax-15 is a great tranny, very reliaible, and the engine has enough torque to make shifting and driving easy.

the only problem that they EVER get, is sometimes the reverse syncronizer wears and you get a bit of a grinding when putting in reverse [this isnt really ALL that common]

i have it, and i think its fine

but the aw4 is just easier when wheeling [for all them old guys on here ;) ]

haha and young guys! i think the aw4 is one of the best out there i have about 94k and have never had a problem ever! i just flushed and filled and am good for another 75-100k and i have a tranny cooler. i love it and it is rated for about/ up to 375-400 horses... i think i read on hear that it came in the supra too so that should be proof enough as well. i think the cherokee is covered up by the wrangler and you will be very surprised by the capability and versatility it will provide. i like it too becasue it is a compact suv and since it is not full size i can fit better in many places than my z71 and with less blind spots...anyways good tranny and strong engine and good tcase as well whether a np231 or 242 depending on year...ok i am done

Being the owner of 2 different XJ's, I became a believer when I took my stock XJ (with almost bald tires) on a trail ride and was able to do things most others in the group couldn't. Everyone was literally sitting there with their mouths hanging wide open. They just couldn't believe it. That being said, the XJ, along with being probably the most capable 4x4 from the factory (besides the wrangler) is ALSO one of the most reliable. Most all of these vehicles, with proper maintainance, will last well past 100-200k miles on the odometer. I love my XJ!!

i was in a simaler situation when i became an xj guy i realy wanted a solid axle 4runner but so did everyone else and they were way out of my price range. and then this quirkey little station wagon cought my eye and now i wont own any thing else.
they are awsome drivers and wheelers. but my favorite part is the tj guys get all pissed off when i smoke them on the trail with my less than 3k xj:viking:

justin

Back