• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's driving and who's towing their XJ?

OneTonXJ said:
I don't understand how all you people think you're driving home with my winnings :D

As always, I'm towin' cuz it lets me be the fool I like to be. Oh, and the tow rig is way nicer to travel in than any XJ out there.

Actually I don't think they would let you drive through across US in your rig :)

Making the long 223 mile trek to Moab
fb1e1ff3.jpg

Last edited:
This year will be the first time my rig is getting a ride out west.

Although depending on how ForeWheelers bus does in the Mountains, I may be driving it across western Colorado.

I am driving in from eastern Idaho, but I need to be able to drive it back and then back to Va when ever we go.

Since it is such a gruelling 3 1/2 hour trip to Moab for me, I have picked up a trailer that looks great behind my Tahoe. Oh yeah, it is big enough for the XJ. WayneXJ and I will be racing down there.

Yeay, yeah..... rub it in that you guys live so close to Moab.
My trip will take about 12 hours and that is driving at 75 mph, stopping for food, gas and potty breaks.

hey One Ton you can drive that giveaway XJ for me then I 'll come pick up in the burg from You.

Drivin from NC

I will be driving from NC......2000 miles. Dan, save me that slot on the trailer after the GiveAway is gone, I might need it.

Looking to hook up with others in St. L on Friday, hitch a ride on Rt. 21 with someone Sunday, and be in Moab Sunday night.

Coming home I have a stop in Denver for business and friends so won't be heading East until Oct. 20th. It will be a long solo back home. Goin to give" books on tape" a try!

Towing and bringing the usual workshop again

As always I will be towing with the motorhome and bringing all the necessary tools etc to fix any problem, Hopefully,
Shop hours will be 8am to 9pm or when the little lady says enough is enough.
Tools; mig welder, compressor, assorted air tools and elec metal fabing tools etc. You furnish labor.
GRNT

I'm haulin' too. I just can't justify having a '02 Dodge Cummins duallie and an 18 foot tandem trailer and not use them!

Scott Mac. said:
Did you get the exhaust brake put on the bus?

Nope, not going to either, I talked to a guy at International and he said the the brake they make for the small diesels are crap, and if I wanted to throw away $1000 for nothing, he'd take it, we may have to do the 'round the mountain' trip, don't know how that works with 21 rd. We'll figure it out.

we may have to do the 'round the mountain' trip,

Uhhh, you ARE aware that the Rockies run from Canada to Mexico, right? :D :D :D

Just throw Scott's truck in front of the bus when you come out of Eisenhower tunnel, it'll slow you down enough.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Fore Wheeler said:
Nope, not going to either, I talked to a guy at International and he said the the brake they make for the small diesels are crap, and if I wanted to throw away $1000 for nothing, he'd take it, we may have to do the 'round the mountain' trip, don't know how that works with 21 rd. We'll figure it out.

If your looking at a map do not consider US 50 the decent down Monarch pass is steeper than Vail pass. We may want to consider the southern route and blow off 21 road all together.

Mike in NJ said:
Uhhh, you ARE aware that the Rockies run from Canada to Mexico, right? :D :D :D

Just throw Scott's truck in front of the bus when you come out of Eisenhower tunnel, it'll slow you down enough.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Is that what Chris was doing in front of you during Winterfest a few years back?:D

Back