• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's Coming?

I'll be there with my wife and son derek(12 yrs). do we need any ohv or blm type stickers or passes or whatever you call them?

I plan on being there. Rig is under the knife right now but should be done by then. If it's not, well I'll bring it anyway. This sounds like it's going be a lot of fun. Can't wait to meet everyone.

I should be able to make it with my gf and possibly her jeep too.

i'm looking at making it up with my little stock XJ, may have a lift by then, but i would still be rocking 225/70/16's on 3-3.5" of lift lol, ill be that one jeep that is oddly proportioned :D I need to see what she can do before i spend a week driving it around the woods for our elk hunt in late november.

Its official Im out.. Gonna have to be in Oklahoma for 3 weeks from the middle of Oct thru Nov 4th. Sorry guys not what I wanted but need to get a few things set up for family issues (namely having family move out). She happens to provide full time nanny action for the kids which means Ill have to go to school before she leaves.. It wouldn't matter much havent spent 10 minutes working on the rig for the last 2 months and have a number of things to take care of before it hits the trails again hoping to have it out there after I get back..

good luck..
look foward to the pictures and the damage report..
have fun be safe and dent a quarter panel or just take out a whole window for me..

themud

Its official Im out.. Gonna have to be in Oklahoma for 3 weeks from the middle of Oct thru Nov 4th. Sorry guys not what I wanted but need to get a few things set up for family issues (namely having family move out). She happens to provide full time nanny action for the kids which means Ill have to go to school before she leaves.. It wouldn't matter much havent spent 10 minutes working on the rig for the last 2 months and have a number of things to take care of before it hits the trails again hoping to have it out there after I get back..

good luck..
look foward to the pictures and the damage report..
have fun be safe and dent a quarter panel or just take out a whole window for me..

themud

That sucks but you have to do what you have to do. We'll have to get together and run some stuff after you get back.

Too bad you're not gonna make it Dan. I guess that's why they're called responsibilities.

I was looking forward to wheeling something other than LT with ya.

Unless I can get a front bumper and some hydro assist steering I may be out. I will try to show up on Saturday night/Sunday morning either way though.

Just got the green light from the wife. We can make it. Its our anniversary that weekend so I needed approval. Now if the xj could only pass emissions.

Unless I can get a front bumper and some hydro assist steering I may be out. I will try to show up on Saturday night/Sunday morning either way though.

Have you tried opening up your pump for better steering?

Serious a bumper? My pile is most likely not going to have bumpers f/r by chero-crappy-name-fest

Tow points front and rear are mandatory for those who don't know...

Just so everyone knows, if you don't have the required equipment on your vehicle you can not participate in the event with your vehicle. Check the rules for more info if you are in question.

Pulled directly from the NAXJA bylaws under article IX Sponsored Events and Trips:

Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

So with a 4" lift, 32's, limited slip rear and open front will I be able to run anything up there? I haven't been to TM before, but I'm planning on being there, just don't want to sit around and do nothing. I have all the required gear, just not a big lift, big tires and lockers.

That sucks but you have to do what you have to do. We'll have to get together and run some stuff after you get back.

thanks and yes we'll be running stuff when I get home I hope to have at least part of a weekend off by then if we don't go out of business first..
Same for you kraker it will be my pleasure to run something other than LT with you.. I did take the time with the great weather last night to charge up the battery and clean the air filter and the jeep inside and out.. I also rebuilt the rear packs hopefully this time they should be just right.. Left on the list is pinion seals for the front and the rear and the inner axle seal on the drivers side then Im good to go again..

themud

So with a 4" lift, 32's, limited slip rear and open front will I be able to run anything up there? I haven't been to TM before, but I'm planning on being there, just don't want to sit around and do nothing. I have all the required gear, just not a big lift, big tires and lockers.

yep just ask matt to take you up conda and then a quick run down cd1 and cd2 and you'll have a great time..:shhh:

themud

Back