• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has the highest Miles on an OEM 4.0L...no head/cylinder work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Just got a '90 XJ today $800 lifted / new rubber BFG's

148k on ODMeter (but) oil sticker on windshield states next change at 151k back in 2000' so .. im pretty sure its much higher (but) i couldn't tell by driving it, other than its gutted and sounds like a diesel.

i believe the coolant mixes with oil. needs every fluid changed. and rust painted over. RUSTY"S!

NC

my '89 had 209K when i bought it, and 260K when I sold it. Still had great compression. my '91 has 213K on it right now, and still goin' strong.....makes a little lifter noise untill it warms up though. AaA-aAnd, it drip-drips everytime I park it. (typical, but I'll be replacing the rear main soon.)

275,000 on my '93

120,000 on my 95 XJ Sport. Makes all sorts of noises (drive train wise)

But it was beat the hell and back by the previous owner.

As long as the 4-wheel works, im happy.

I only paid $350 for it anyway.

canadian_xj said:
I can't beat the high mileage record, but what about low miles. I have a '91 XJ Limited with 102k. The engine pulls super strong and the heep is in excellent shape. I lucked when I found it. It is from the coast so there is hardly any rust. Not trying to boast, just proud that's all. I hope that my rig will rack up as many miles as the rest here!! The 4.0L is a kick ass engine!

Same here. I actually found an '88 that was owned by a little old lady, it was on some beach in mass and she always put it in her garage and stayed home during the winter which = NO RUST!
137,XXX
Other people always say thats high miles, but its a 4.0, thats not even half its life span :worship:

Not enough to hang with most of you guys, but I'm just under 124k on my 01 Sport.
Runs fantastic. I just recently replaced the filter adapter o-rings, rear main, and oil pan.

well I've got an 89 with at least 355k on it before the odo broke:D, nothing but an oil pump replacement on the engine, but this weekend will mark the third radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back