• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has installed the JCR Rear Upper Quarter Panel Gaurds?

what would you guys say about these being used as the c and d pillar mounting points for an exo?

If I through bolted into a load barrier/interior cage behind the rear seat would you say it'd be stout enough?

haven't figured out A and B pillars yet, but I have a set of JCR stage II sliders that I'd likely use to tie into...

They are only mounted with countersunk bolts through the rear quarter panel. I wouldn't say that would be strong enough to tie a cage into. Maybe run the tube through the quarter guards and tie it into the trunk area could work

They are only mounted with countersunk bolts through the rear quarter panel. I wouldn't say that would be strong enough to tie a cage into. Maybe run the tube through the quarter guards and tie it into the trunk area could work

yeah, thats what I was thinking. A load barrier/cage type setup.

These look great and I would love to have a set. But why no slot for a reverse light?

I would think this would be an issue in most every state. I know you can mount them elsewhere but I think it would complete the clean rugged look if they fit in there somehow.

Josh

I have both the upper and lower and can tell you that the drivers side is a PITA, I used larger fender washers where I could, for me the passenger side was off a little but not much, I myself have a white Cherokee and I am Hurculining the armor white as well, also can say that I proudly own the tcase and gas tank skids, damn these things are STOUT!!

I wheel my 01 with stock tires and at factory height and on more then one occasion have had the entire vehicle resting on the tcase skid.

OH and JCR in case you read this please start doing a engine / oil skid.

These look great and I would love to have a set. But why no slot for a reverse light?

I would think this would be an issue in most every state. I know you can mount them elsewhere but I think it would complete the clean rugged look if they fit in there somehow.

Josh

No room, limited space and it's at a premium. We wanted to use readily available truck lighting to make it easy on people. You do have an option (which I used on my wifes XJ) You can run a 2.5" lower white light and wire the top oval light to be Tail/Stop/Turn.

Josh

you know what you could do, i kinda stumbled onto it but i thought it was pretty cool. on my gueards I have my 6" oval as Stop and tail, and the 2.5" a clear lens red blinker. Behind that light, i left the factory reverse bulbs in. (until i put some reverse lights in my bumper) When the reverse lights are activated, the light passes through clear lens on the turn signal! it really looks like its a reverse light.

I also sent a PM to JCR and they suggested getting a converter to use the brake light as the blinker and use the smaller hole for the reverse light.

I like your idea too. A dual color led would be slick as well.

you know what you could do, i kinda stumbled onto it but i thought it was pretty cool. on my gueards I have my 6" oval as Stop and tail, and the 2.5" a clear lens red blinker. Behind that light, i left the factory reverse bulbs in. (until i put some reverse lights in my bumper) When the reverse lights are activated, the light passes through clear lens on the turn signal! it really looks like its a reverse light.

Here is my JCR guards and how I set my lights up.
IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

I have a set coming for my "99 should be here any time. I am going with KC back-up lights wired into the stock pigtails. I'll mount them either on the bumper or under the bumper where the departure angle will let me.

As for the side markers, weld in a filler, level and paint.

FNF

I don't have an aftermarket bumper yet and I smash the heck out of the stock one so I wired mine up tonight to allow the bottom hole to be reverse. All combinations of the brake/turn/driving light work except driving lights & hazards together. No idea why, driving lights and turn signal works.

So just got to remember not to use hazards with my driving lights on since they won't be doing anything. Once I get an aftermarket bumper I'll probably switch back to amber lights in the bottom hole and bigger reverse lights.

Okay so I am finally getting ready to install these. Was wondering if people are just bolting these on or are they using a sealer around the edges and the counter sunk holes. If so what are you using, just done want my quarters to rust out.

anyone install these? I am trying to figure how I will be able to open up the rear wheel wells more.

I am looking for the area w/o flare when you do the "cut and fold" in the rear and where it lines up with it all.

I am a few days out from installing mine. I have Doug's flares (a lot like bushwackers) and my fenders are cut and folded. The Guards look like they will fit fine but will be behind my flares. The guards seem to fit just above the top most wrinkle on the body, if that makes sense. I will try and snap some pics.
BS01

You can kinda see how they fit with cut and fold in this shot.... They go right to where the body stamping flares out for the original flare and up to the door opening, but not down it.

387016496.jpg

Back