• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who broke what?

Blew the R&P on the Dana 30. Note to self, don't winch under full power then put it in reverse. Bad things happen to little Dana 30's.

John B.

96 Classic said:
Blew the R&P on the Dana 30. Note to self, don't winch under full power then put it in reverse. Bad things happen to little Dana 30's.

John B.

John, I definitely think that your R&P was hurting on the climb prior to the What Rd winching. We all heard a popping and thought it was your u-joint. U-joint was fine, R&P wasn't. I just think that the winching incident was the next thing to stress it.

Rusty old tailpipe broke off just after the muffler... hey, for a 20 year old piece of tube hanging unsupported it did just fine. My steering box needs replacement, the sector shaft has lateral play in it.

Other than that, I am super happy with the old truck. Anyone get any pics of it? I need to get a camera.

My only damage is a bent pinch seam on the ds. It happens when you slam the rockrails numorous (sp) times. JIM.

Okie Terry said:
I built my DS without pinch seams.

i think he means divers side... :shrug:

Yea, drivers side. JIM.

Lawn Cher' said:
Rusty old tailpipe broke off just after the muffler... hey, for a 20 year old piece of tube hanging unsupported it did just fine. My steering box needs replacement, the sector shaft has lateral play in it.

Other than that, I am super happy with the old truck. Anyone get any pics of it? I need to get a camera.

I've got quite a few pics of it.

B-loose

add a fog light to my list. Found it today, turned them on in the snow and ones all boogered. DOn't even remember hitting that on anything.:dunno:

Pics of my damage ('cuse I am attention whore)
img_4779.jpg

img_4780.jpg

img_4782.jpg

img_4784.jpg

img_4778.jpg

Rev Den said:
img_4780.jpg

How the heck??

Rev :D
I was wonderin' the same damned thing! :D

Les

Lawn Cher' said:
Opie, your dad is gonna kill you!

probably... though i have another hatch lined up :D

87manche said:
just tell him soneone stole it and wheeled the piss out of it.

then "i got it back" right?

Just tell him about all of the rocks and sticks you drove passed without any body damage.

Back