• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which jeeps had Dana 44's

87 XJ.....i'm guessing it's the up country version, because it looks higher than a normal xj. also has a factory skid, t-case skid, and gastank skid. hitch and d44 also included. 3.73 gears.....my other 87 xj, non-d44, also has 3.73.

uvaldetxj said:
87 XJ.....i'm guessing it's the up country version, because it looks higher than a normal xj. also has a factory skid, t-case skid, and gastank skid. hitch and d44 also included. 3.73 gears.....my other 87 xj, non-d44, also has 3.73.

:lecture: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I am no Jeep Guru, but I don't think the "up-country" had been introduced that year, and I have bought 4 XJ's(all 87's) with D44's and had 3 that were 3.54, and one had 3.73, and that the gears were not stock. plus ALL had tow package, and only 1 had fuel tank steel skid, 1 had a t-case skid(not the same Jeep). well anyway, You need to look! don't base it on a single item.

Plus if you look at this thread, it was dead on 01-11-05.
so I would guess the guy figured it out!

97/98 was the first year of Up Country Package. 91-96 had a Off Road Package. There was probably something similiar for 84-90.

Got mine out of a 87xj Wagoneer w/o trailer tow, have not checked the gear ratio yet. Schmidts yard on Mefert Road north of Madison, WI has two xj's with em.

Back