• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get an OEM fan clutch?

hey, new to naxja not new to xj's and there cooling problems. what i ended up doing is throwin the clutch fan in the garbage then getting a dual electric fan that cleared the water pump shaft and ran the switch through a thermostat set at 197 on and 175 off. cleared up all cooling problems. and a little more pep in the throttle cause you just gained free horsepower. whether im cruising or exploring it never gets hotter than 195

So I looked up the NAPA 272310 clutch fan and all it is is the cooling fin and spring .No blades so do I put my oem blades back on or was it not showing all the stuff that comes with it .I dont have any heat issue I just want to able to hit whatever whenever and not have that worrie ,I would love to go to MOAB and I know its hot there .

Yep, you reuse your old fan. You're just replacing the viscous fan drive/clutch. If you're not having any cooling issues, I personally would stick with the stock fan clutch or get a new OEM equivalent one. IMHO, there's no reason to put up with the extra noise if you don't need to.

I must be one lucky SOB. here in southern Az with summer temps over 110, 94 5spd, stock cooling system, hayden clutch and 89 Renix aw4 with stock cooling system from a 92 and hayden clutch and no problems. But I'm anal about cooling, flush, thermostat and coolant every year.

Back