• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy coil overs???

I have had the opposite experience than what Cal has had and I have lost serious respect for Bilstein.

Great product but I have left three messages and for them and never got a call back nor could I get anyone to talk to me on the phone just for some simple questions.

I think I am with Richard and suggest going the King route.

What is your question? I run the race department but if you have a question about the other product line I will find the answer for you. My direct line is 858-386-5955. - Joel @ Bilstein

What is your question? I run the race department but if you have a question about the other product line I will find the answer for you. My direct line is 858-386-5955. - Joel @ Bilstein

Just a simple valving question for my tow rig and a few recommendations to help me rebuild the 12 7100s in my garage.

I will try calling later today. Thank you.

Not sure how this thread went from where can I buy coilovers to "my shock is better than yours" but along the way someone wanted to know about the Bilstein ACV. I am not here to make claims of whose ir bigger or better rather just here to answer a question and leave the proof to the end users.

The basic concept is that a top hose coilover loses stability at higher compression forces unless there is a line restrictor or sifficient gas pressure to maintain stability. So even though the compression valve stack is setup to deliver increased damping (teired valve stack) this increased damping will only occur with sufficient counter pressure. When the compression force overcomes the gas pressure then instead of the oil going through the piston it will be shoved into the reservoir. If a greater amount of oil than the shaft displacement goes into the reservoir there will be cavitation. The ACV works in time against the main compression valve stack so as forces increase the coilover is actually able to engage the high speed valving already present. Moving the reservoir port to the bottom of the shock can gain this compression effect but it also destabalizes the rebound and since a coilover has a spring wound around it porting from the bottom is not realistic. Basically the ACV allows a coilover to gain the stability of a botom hose without sacrificing rebound stability.

There are some other uses, configurations, and effects related to the ACV but thats a story for another day.

Joel, thanks for coming on and answering some of these questions.

On a seperate note, for those who want more details, and an inside look, this months DIRT SPORTS magazine has a 4 page spread on the ACV from Bilstein!

Back