• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When Did ARB Start Making Diff Covers?

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Brand new in the box dana 60 covers. Made out of high tensile nodular iron protects the differential and ring and pinion set from off road abuse. Computer optimized cross brace design increases the structural rigidity of the whole axle. Additional housing strength helps keep the ring and pinion gears meshing on the flat faces of the teeth, Greatly increasing ring and pinionlife and overall maximum load strength. Prolonged carrier bearing life due to extra support to the bearing alignment. Approach/departure angle optimized by angled exterior surfaces. Recessed high tensile cap screws (supplied) for protection against obstacles wich might damage or loosen them. Low profile drain plug design resists damage from obstacles. Unique dipstick/filler cap design allows differential oil level to be adjusted for customized high angle driveline angles. Combination of the high filler point and dipstick allows the oil to be checked out for water contamination without having to drain the oil. Top quality, high power neodymium magnets are used in both the drain plug and the dipstick to collect metallic wear particles as the vehicle moves. Cover is powder coated, CNC machined, then clear coated for durable, professional, long lasting finish, hardware is zinc plated.

4744_3.jpg

Saw prototypes and CAD drawings almost two years ago but was sworn to secrecy. :D There are a few more slated to be released sometime in the future. :) They're way cool.

A very nice piece that is for sure, but I am not a person that enjoys the color red. Now days with so many strong covers in the $100 price range I wonder what the market it will be for this piece.

it also does have a dipstick that is also magnetic to help pick crap up so it is a little different. But is it worth the money?? I'm sure it is to somebody

Ricky5 said:
I think they debuted in the last SEMA show. They had an article in Four Wheel Advetures from Four Wheel Parts.
Yep, I too saw them at SEMA. Everyone at the ARB booth sounded like the croc hunter. :D You'd think that they would've had several US reps from ARB-USA in attendence.

91 Jeep Project said:
Why, sounds like a good written off excuse to take a vacation................:D
Shhh, what happens in Vegas... :anon:

Also, the ARB guys said that they were NOT going to produce a bumper for the new Wrangler JK. I asked why and they said that they felt there was not going to be enough demand for them. ??????????????
I'm not sure that I believe that. :dunno:

JEEPZZ said:
Yep, I too saw them at SEMA. Everyone at the ARB booth sounded like the croc hunter. :D You'd think that they would've had several US reps from ARB-USA in attendence.
Todd, you were at SEMA? Would have liked to meet you there...

I also saw these covers at the ARB booth.

I had a very pleasant experiance with ARB this week. ARB and OME are combined under one roof in the USA. I got a set of OME springs thru Dirk at DPG (great guy) they had to be drop shiped from ARB. I got them in just a few days but one of the spring antifriction pads had fallen out in transit. Instead of calling Dirk I just called ARB and asked them if they could send me a new pad. The claims department was really upset,and opologetic that the ends of the springs wern't foam wraped. Not a big deal to me but they asked me to check the plastic liners on the spring straps and yea big deal a couple of them got cracked also. At this point I had to beg them NOT to ship me new springs. They wanted to ream their shipping department and get me a new set of springs overnight when all I wanted was a spring pad. Next morning UPS next day service delivered me a pack of new spring pads and clip liners.Great customer service. I had a chance to pick his brain about ARB lockers and compressors and they went into great detail about what they can and can't do. I got the complete skinny on how you can break them and burn up the compressors. I'd buy one in a hearbeat! I was very impressed with their honesty,openness and customer service reguarding my minor claim and their staight talk reguarding ARB lockers. I allways thought their prices were high but not now.

EricsXJ said:
Todd, you were at SEMA? Would have liked to meet you there...
I try to get down there every other year to check out the new stuff.
We need to hook up for a Moab trail run one of these days. I'm planning on attending both Moab NAXJA events this year and the big 25th XJ Anniversary run in '08. :cheers:

JEEPZZ said:
I try to get down there every other year to check out the new stuff.
We need to hook up for a Moab trail run one of these days. I'm planning on attending both Moab NAXJA events this year and the big 25th XJ Anniversary run in '08. :cheers:
I hear ya. I'd love to spend a week and go down to Moab. My problem each year is I end up spending most of my vacation time on summer trail rides/vacations and don't have enough left over to do a week in October. I think I'll definitely have to budget it in for the 25th anniversary in '08. Maybe I can get a trailer by then. :laugh:

Edit: Or you could always come up and do the Rubicon! :)

Back