• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling Sunday?

DrSockMonkey said:
How far is it to dutch cup? I need to have a little time to drop off the kids at the sitters so I can bring the wifey

Its in Sultan ~6miles out of Monroe

DrSockMonkey said:
Ok then lets say 1:30 at the dutch cup. What about Ben? Do we need to do a gas collection for him?

no we need to start a new posilock cable collection for him. Posilock: 0 Header:1 it got melty and not in the good taco bell way.

1:30 works. I'll get my CB rewired and be on 4. I figured out why you couldn't hear me last time one of the cables had snapped on the antenna so it ceased to worky.

Hey guys.

It's opening fishing season tommorow. So therefor i'll be going fishing. I'd enjoy going to reiter if my 4wheel worked, but oh well, i've been there many of times before

oh. p.s. I'm selling the jeep

SpazMoid said:
oh. p.s. I'm selling the jeep

I call BS you better not be. Do I need to come over there and smack some sence into you? :twak:

what are you replacing it with?

WaXJ_Skier said:
Ive seen quite a few write ups of the isabel trail and would like to try it.
Uh, I'd not. At least until you get at least one traction aided axle or some real M/T tires. Isabelle is a pretty tough trail, especially this time of year.

Before you go you'll want diff guards and other skid plates, at the very least. This is not so you can "make it," rather so you can make it home. I've made it on 31" tires, but I was locked f/r and had a year of wheeling experience. I'm not trying to dissuade you, necessarily, but this is not a trail to tackle your first time out, at least not by yourself.

Here's a few pics from NAXJA Isabelle trips:

The first obsticle:

100_2701.jpg

100_2704.jpg

CanMan having some issues:

100_2787.jpg

Sniggs making it up, though it cost him his driveshaft:

100_2722.jpg

Even Paul (mud1059) had a few problems that even throttle couldn't solve:

100_2767.jpg

From an earlier trip, GI-John:

DSCF1785.jpg

A different trip, but this is before you get to the hard part of Isabelle:

SUNP0024-2.jpg

KarlVP on another section of Reiter Trails:

img_4099.jpg

Me at the Goal Post, a very tough undercut root section...that not many rigs were able to make that day:

SUNP0008-1.jpg

The point is, wait for other more experienced wheelers to organize trips that you can come along on...maybe not even drive on. Like I've said before, I love your enthusiasm, I really do. However, there really are some good reasons to wheel in a big group. Just wait for the next NWC "event." Please PM me if you have any questions.

IF you're dead set on going to Reiter, I'd PM KarlVP for advice about which trails to run...and to see if he or anyone else will be up there to bail you out should anything go wrong.

-----Matt-----

I'm new to jeepin. What skill or difficulty level of trails are you planning on? My XJ is stock and on tired shoes (tires). Newbee's welcome?

I had issues due to some crappy spotting by Josh. :D

I made it to the top on 31" trxus and a locked rear. But, it was dry and somewhat warm.

I second what Matt is saying. Wait till it gets dry, and with a bigger group.

Blkxjkrawler said:
If these guys are going to try and run issabelle you'll want to stay home, or catch a ride. This is coming up next month and would be perfect for you.http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=914433
Welcome to :NAXJA: .
-Ryan

Thanks for the tip Ryan. It looks like just the thing to get started. And it will give me time to do some things to my '90 XJ like new tires, belt, rear springs etc. Thanks for the welcome.

Roy

blue2824 said:
Thanks for the tip Ryan. It looks like just the thing to get started. And it will give me time to do some things to my '90 XJ like new tires, belt, rear springs etc. Thanks for the welcome.

Roy
You bet, it will be a really great time.
If your doing rear springs and tires you might as well throw a 2-3.5 inch lift and some good 30-31" Mt's or at's on it. That way when the Jeeping bug bites you (and it will) you'll have a good start and wont be upgrading things you just replaced. :D

Hey Roy,
The more this thread shapes up and Reiter looks like it's not the right timing, we may end up finding something mild to do that a stock XJ could join in on. We will have to see how things go.

Back