• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats the best kit now that RE is closed?

whats the best kit? Combo. There is no one almighty kit that is steps above the rest because every customer has different tastes and preferences and every kit manufacturer will skimp in one area or another in order to focus on something else that will help differentiate them from the others. As far as springs go, my opinion was that RE had the best ride quality and build quality for the price as compared to the rest. Yah OME has a rep for the best ride but the price is outrageous for such little lift. I was going to bump up to 4.5 inches of lift with RE springs but now I am trying to figure out who is the next best. Rusty's rides like crap compared to my current RE springs. RC has had the reputation in the past of having poor riding springs that sag alot and very fast but their quality seems to have stepped up alot so I may go with them next. Shocks well I have RE monotubes right now but price reflects quality. Buy cheap shock, you get cheap quality and harsh ride. Pay more and you get more of what you want so research and see what fits your preference and budget best. Control arms are similar to shocks but also pay attention to what you are buying. Extreme off-road super flex arms may not have the best on-road performance while great on-road arms may not flex the best off-road. I personally think JKS short arms are the best since they maintain factory rubber bushings at BOTH ends while still being extremely flexible off-road. The design of the JKS arms are that they are adjustable in a sense that they are a giant screw similar to other arms that are adjustable except they do not use a jam nut. Because they do no use a jam nut, they twist giving you superior and virtually unlimited flex from the arms. They are pricey but quality is excellent. Now if you want the best ride and flex with a taller lift then you need to go long arms or use drop brackets. RC makes some inexpensive drop arms which many people seem to like. RC also makes the most inexpensive long arm upgrade kit and you get ALOT for your money in the kit.

All in all just research and look around sometimes you can piece together a lift that meets your needs and for cheaper than what a complete kit would cost you.

I started with the RE 3.5 kit, but now I have RC long arms, an IRO track bar, OME shocks, RE rear shackles, and it rides awesome.

Somebody add this thread to the "Things that piss me off thread." Just kidding. This is a good thread. Best one ever. Really.

I'm in agreement (finally) with Srmitchell. Find parts and build up something cheap and functional, but try to save up for full leafs.

Somebody add this thread to the "Things that piss me off thread." Just kidding. This is a good thread. Best one ever. Really.

I'm in agreement (finally) with Srmitchell. Find parts and build up something cheap and functional, but try to save up for full leafs.

I perfer full leafs to AAL's, So i'm deffinetly looking for a kit that runs them.

dont look for a kit. source parts that meet your needs when considering usage of jeep and cost. do some homework. you can piece together a far better lift set-up than any available kits. im sort of like srmitchell in that i started with an RE kit but added and subtracted parts from RE and other mfgs to get it where it is now

Yah OME has a rep for the best ride but the price is outrageous for such little lift. I.

Little lift ? the OME I just ordered yesterday for the rear are 4.5" and were $240 for the pair+ shipping from DPG offroad which is cheaper than RE and most rough countrys that I found.

Little lift ? the OME I just ordered yesterday for the rear are 4.5" and were $240 for the pair+ shipping from DPG offroad which is cheaper than RE and most rough countrys that I found.

Keep in mind the OP asked about lift KITS not just leaf springs and yes that is a good price on springs.

But this is just ridiculous for only a 2.5" lift and this is usually what their kits run at most places I have seen.
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=357&plID=66&partID=11518

I still can't believe that RE is in it current predicament. I was looking at 4Wheel Drive Hardware lifts which have been rumored to be made by BDS.

Keep in mind the OP asked about lift KITS not just leaf springs and yes that is a good price on springs.

But this is just ridiculous for only a 2.5" lift and this is usually what their kits run at most places I have seen.
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=357&plID=66&partID=11518

There's a reason the cost is high. Did you ever run this kit? It was the first suspension upgrade I installed on my XJ, and I also had it on my TJ years ago. The ride is superior to any lift and I've ridden in quite a few jeeps over he years. You could call it caddy-like quality. It's a high quality suspension upgrade and worth every penny. Probably one of the few (if not only) manufactures that offer multiple spring rates to suit your needs.

Back