• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats my jeep worth?

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking about selling it because I can't remember the last time i went wheeling, and I need something that makes more sense gas mileage wise.

Its a 97' country
135000 miles
4.5" RE lift kit plus pucks and extended shackles for about 6" of lift
RE drop brackets
Rigidco Rear bumber with tire carrier (32" spare, highlift jack)
35 BFG KM2 with probably 80% tred left
D30/C8.25 axles regeared to 4.56 yukon gears
full alpine stereo with deck and 12" sub
Rock Rails
Light Bar

This Jeep is my baby and have had it since high school, I'd hate to see it go.

This is it like 2 years ago, hasn't changed much since then besides the 35's
471-2.jpg

JimsFatefulDayframe-1.jpg

Whatever someone will give you for it. Don't expect anywhere near what you've spent on it though. I've got $10k in mine and could only realistically expect around $4k.

Realistically you will get 3-5k, 6k if your stubborn and it could take months and months to find a buyer. It's good that you've re geared.

x2

So don't. Buy a cheap dd to save on gas than buy your Jeep some flowers and a bottle wine to apologize you considered selling it.

X2!!!!!!!!! Thats what im doing right now! unless you really need the money or you now just hate jeeps, dont sell. you will never get your money back, just keep it around.

Before you buy a DD "to save on gas" calculate out how long it will take you to break even against just buying more gas.

Things to take into account:
* registration, insurance, inspection, repairs
* fuel cost and difference in mileage (i.e. how much you'll actually save per mile driven)
* how many miles you drive in an average month

Should open your eyes... I bought another as a DD, but when I looked at it, it would have taken me a significant amount of time to break even, so I said screw it and bought another jeep because I didn't really want to drive anything else anyways. Now my pockets are twice as empty.

Hey, if you're going to claim it's for a logical reason, there should be logic to back it up :roflmao:

My reason is "'cause I wanted to" and "so I can still get home, and to work the next day, even if I bust one up bad on the trail and another one is halfway through a major rebuild project."

When people with silly little commuter cars give me shit over the number of vehicles I own, I note that my four add up to less than they spent on their one... and that they called me last winter to pull them out of a snowbank in the morning so they could get to work. Usually ends the discussion.

Jeep ownership's comparable to a Crystal-Meth addiction. The modus operandi's similar:

- The user's initially: energized, talkative, happy, has (false) sense of confidence and power (similar to getting a new Jeep).
- Loss of interest in normal activities, food, water, sex, sleep (obsessed with Jeep)
- "Tweaking" or "Geeking" meaning to do something for hours. For example a girl fixing her hair for 7.5 hours; or walking around Wal-Mart for 9 hours (or a guy on the trail for hours).
- Sketched out: Agitated, nervous, moody, irritable, aggressive behavior (i.e.. naxja's political section).
- User feels aggressively smarter and may become argumentative, user feels “superhuman” may start many different tasks, thinks that they can do things better that when straight (i.e.. again, sounds like naxja's political section).
- Severe symptoms of sleep deprivation: hallucinations, delusions, extreme paranoia, violent outbursts (working on the Jeep for too long has the same effect)
- Tweakers / Sketch cases may have an unpleasant chemical body odor (working on the Jeep for too long will make you stinky)
- Withdrawal: Constant jitteriness, or listlessness, severe depression (usually a result of being forced to sell your Jeep)

- Severe symptoms of sleep deprivation: hallucinations, delusions, extreme paranoia, violent outbursts (working on the Jeep for too long has the same effect)
"too long" is open to some interpretation, if it's the first time you have replaced your rear shocks, "too long" is approximately fifteen seconds.

Curve the bill of your hat and instantly get +3mpg.

Yeah, the chance of you getting the $$ you put into it back is very unlikely. I'd imagine you could get around 4G's maybe. Its a nice rig. My advice? Keep it and hunt down a cheap DD, maybe with some minor issues you could fix for 200$ in 2 days or something (knock some cash off the price.) Just my 2C though. Kastein is right too, really think about how much you're saving before you do anything.

You could part it out, that way you have a better chance of getting more or of your money back.

I just got a DD because I thought the jeep wasn't practical. I went a bit extreme, I scrounged up a 1981 VW rabbit diesel. Luckily the car was free. The thing gets killer fuel mileage, the odo doesnt work but I would say somewhere around 42mpg. Still, with the amount of driving I do, I am spending 15 bucks a week less on fuel. Figure 60 bucks a month difference in fuel costs doesnt really add up when you consider 30 a month more on insurance and the extra maintenance costs of the different car. Now take into account that not everyone is going to find a free DD and really it doesnt add up that well so the others are right. Just keep it and enjoy it! I am really glad I didnt sell mine, now I know I never will as long as it is moderately dependable.

Back