• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whatchya gotta get done

much to do

I've got a few more maintenance items to finish up:
cap, rotor, plugs and wires
replace filter and refill tranny
maybe even replace that leaky rear main seal

Then there are the upgrades to finish:
cut fenders & install TJ flares
rock rails
t-case skid
front bumper & winch
CB radio
clearance shock mounts
bump stops
replace & raise vent lines

That oughta be enough to keep me busy between now and then. :shock:

Yeah ArmStrong, I don't think you are going to have the time to throw that axle swap into the mix! BTW, your winch arrived!

not a chance

You're right about that - to make the rearend swap work, I'd also have to get the front regeared and locked and there's too much else to get done (and paid for) for that to happen in time for Winterfest.
But I'm psyched about that winch arriving! :lol:

Well, got my 8.8 swapped in this weekend, and got the rear lifted 2". Now, just have to regear/lock the front, and lift it to match.

TRL-moving along, but a long ways to go-WGN 1

got those tail-high blues?

So TRL-WGN, I'm anxious to check out this fab new 8.8 - I'll bet she's looking all beefy under there. Any trouble at all hooking up the brakelines?

no, not any real problems there. I lucked out, and was able to use the long side hard line from the exploder, for both my hard lines. Just cut it where it hit the T-block, and re-flared it and bolted it up. Still have to bleed the brakes, but she is all hooked up.

I did have to do some adjusting on my shock mounts, but it all worked out well. The mounts ended up being just level with the bottom of the axle tubes, which is fine by me!

Sweeet!
Can't wait to see it in action.

I'm making progress . . . but still have plenty of things to get done.

pulled the front end out last night and got it all dissassembled. Good thing I am rebuilding it, as it has several new metal chunks floating around. She wasn't long for this world.
Hope to get the gears set tonight, and detroit installed
Still rolling along

finished putting it all together over the weekend. Just have to do some more aligning of my steering, and she should be good to go

TRL-loving the welded rear and detroited front-WGN 1

ps-loving 4 wheel discs too. Nice to finally have 4 working brakes

what to do

my '99 classic has OME medium springs with an additional 3/4 spacer up front, equalling about 2.5-2.75 lift all over. So far all ii have in is a 1 inch t-case drop. Here is the thing, Ii only get vibes above 80 and about 5% of the time i get decelleration cavitation. I want to go with another inch of spacer and add either 1 inch blocks(which i have, with centerpins) or shackles.......I NEED SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS VIBES BETTER THAN I DO, WHICH IS NOT WELL.....when i lift it another ich, will i get vibes? if so should i shim, stick with the t-case drop, or go to SYE, which would be a last resort. I run canyons with 5.5 backspacing and want to get 31 ssr's on it.

If it were me, I'd go with the longer shackle, what this is going to do is help with your drive line angle a bit by pushing the rear of the spring down and rotating the pinion upward, besides blocks are just a bad idea for the most part, they're cheap and easy but that's about it.

There's been alot of talk of vibes with the 97 and newer models and from what I remember of the conversations is that the SYE is the only real fix.

you shouldn't have to drop your t case more than your already 1", I was running 6" of lift with only 1" t case drop and no SYE and had no rear vibes, however I was lucky and my XJ is a 93.

die has been cast

well i have decided to add a teraflex BB1X (Budget Boost) to my OME springs. This should giive me about 3.5 inches or so. Then i will get about to measuring for the shaft. Anyone in Milwaukee with heated garage let me know. I'll bring the Jimson weed and a bottle of XXX. Also need to do BPE's and longer lines. Calling all cheeseheads.

Need to get new tires

For some STUPID reason I was thinking this was not for another week or so. It really sucks to be such a fricken air head.

Anyway, no time to do anything to the Jeep, though it really don't need much. One exception, I need tires bad! 3 of them are not terrible, but one is getting pretty bald. I will not have the time or $$ to get them before the event though. So likely will get them shortly after.

B-loose

:? Well, I got 1 Warn axle that had never made it in...but I'm trying to get my hydraulic assist done. Other than that I'm good to go.

Back