• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you expect of a trail named "Will He Make It"

no, just a stock gear. Which lasted 8 years, and since I haven't had any real issues with the mounting, I didn't see a reason to change to 4 bolt. Just finished installing a new OEM gear about 30 minutes ago.

I think next time we see dirk maybe he will have larger wheel wells. Lol. And maybe larger tires.

Well, larger tires are probably also going to require different rims which means more money to spend. I'm not in a hurry to do much with tires yet. I need new 6" coil springs or new spacers first, to keep it road worthy.

33x10.50 will work just fine on stock wheels.

I already get excessive rubbing in turns while articulated. A 33 is a wider tire and would exaggerate the amount of rubbing I already have using a tire with stock depth.

I already get excessive rubbing in turns while articulated. A 33 is a wider tire and would exaggerate the amount of rubbing I already have using a tire with stock depth.

Your tires are 31/1050R15 so the 33/1050R15's are the same width, only taller. The width is the middle number, indicating the cross-section width is 10.50" wide (sidewall to sidewall - not actual tread width). The 33/1050R15's work great on stock wheels.

I've almost got a video ready to publish of the trail. Just having issues getting it into an MP4 format that I can link into YouTube. It's a great trail!

Your tires are 31/1050R15 so the 33/1050R15's are the same width, only taller. The width is the middle number, indicating the cross-section width is 10.50" wide (sidewall to sidewall - not actual tread width). The 33/1050R15's work great on stock wheels.

The guys at 4WP suggested that I go to a 32/11.5/15 on an off-set after market rim. They suggested the off-set wheel since I'm already rubbing the coil tower when turning in partial or full stuff with a 31. They wanted to try to get the tire out of the wheel well little further.

The wheels will help prevent rubbing since they will have less offset than the stock wheels. I think the stock wheels are 5.25" offset on a 7" wide wheel.

I ran stock wheels with the 32/1150R15 tires and they worked great but did rub like they said. I lived with it.

What kind of tires are you looking at?

Of course they want you to buy aftermarket wheels, more money for them. Going from 31s to 32s isn't worth it IMO. If you're going to spend the money on tires, go for the 33s. The only problem with 33x10.50s is that you are locked into either BFG MTs or General Grabber MTs. Not a lot of choices in that size.

Are you running wheel spacers now? That would remedy the rubbing issue, and at ~$125 for a set of 4, they are cheaper than new wheels.

My 01 with 33x10.50s and 1.25" spacers/stock Turbine wheels.

wf08.jpg

If I were you, I'd start by opening up those wheel wells more. Cut some sheet metal off of that thing, buy some 33x12.50's, find a set of used wheels for cheap, bump stop accordingly and wheel it.

I see offset steal wheels all the time.

If I were you, I'd start by opening up those wheel wells more. Cut some sheet metal off of that thing, buy some 33x12.50's, find a set of used wheels for cheap, bump stop accordingly and wheel it.

I see offset steal wheels all the time.

As somebody who never saw himself hacking into his Jeep, then later did, I support this idea :)

The only problem with 33x10.50s is that you are locked into either BFG MTs or General Grabber MTs. Not a lot of choices in that size.

You can also get the Toyo MT in the 33/1050R15 size. Byron is right as the downside to that size it limited offerings.

I'm looking forward to looking t the vid!

I'm looking forward to looking t the vid!

For some reason it is too long to convert into MP4. If I only do 50% of it, it works. Hopefully I can get it published tomorrow.

Still working on the "Will He Make It" edited video, but here is an uneditied video that I uploaded to Youtube.

Here is Brian "Bosco01xj" going up the trail at the entrance to the side of the park opposite the barn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHxHgI6Fp4

Here is my run up Cowskull. Video quality isn't great.

The GoPro is mounted on the roof just above the driver. You should get a good idea how off-camber that is when you see just how close the camera on the roof comes to the bank right about the 1:10 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhGTbKf9xsg&feature=youtu.be

Ouch! What happened to that coil spacer?

wow, broke your coil spacer too, crazy !

I called Teraflex today. They are going to replace the spacer at no cost. That said, I'm still going to eventually upgrade to springs, but this will help get her on the road a little quicker!

The video of "Will He Make It" is up. At 10:05 you can see how off camber I am to the passenger side. It was about 10:10 when I lost both my fender flares on that side, and about this time when I did the damage on the opening post of this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cll1srEPe68&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Back