• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what would you buy?

well here check this out for a change, my start of my website. www.cencalxj.com

I would reccomend keeping some money for emergency...even a grand and don't touch it at all... Then use the rest to Armor up your XJ...front bumper, rear bumper, rock rails, heavey duty skid plates...custom if possible cause most of them suck ass besides the gas tank skids. Get a winch, buy some recovery gear and lock it front and rear. That will pretty much eat up 4k...also treat the XJ to some tune up/maintenance, if there is anything that you feel needs to be addressed in the engine then get on it...maybe you need a new muffler...so make sure it runs good or you've just blown all that money and have f-all to spend on fixing critical componants...oh wait well thanks to me you saved 1k and DO have some extra cash...now get er done and take pictures!

Sean

PS:I don't really see the point of going with a lift when you already have a pretty decent one...but it is your money and if you're really that hard core you wouldn't ask what to do with the money.

PPS: oh maybe sell the one you have and get a 97+ and then mod it up.

Looks good:) I didn't think that you could fit 35's and still have room to flex on a 4.5" lift...thats what I have on mine and theres no way I could fit 35's on there...

buy some 44" tires and find a way to make them fit:eeks1: :eeks1: :eeks1:

or get a dana 60 up front and a gm 14bolt in the ass. . . then get the 44s:confused1

sam

Smitty,

First off, you should have a fund that covers 4 to 6 months of lost wages if you are out of work.

Then pay off all of your other debts, school, etc.

After that, thank your parents for doing a great job raising you and then....

if you have any money left over,

I'd regear, redo steering system, get rock rails and get a locker for the rear.

Then, with time and more cash, get a bigger lift and tires.

ditto. how much are you really hitting the trails? don't forget the brakes, it's hard for me to imagine you really being able to stop that beast without hitting a tree or playing bumper shoot to slow down. xj's are terrible in the brake department, look into upgrading the brakes, at least overhaul them and be safe, freeway speeds and you're sol without some improvements up front.

the basics, first of all. fire ext first aid kit plugs wires dist open air intake exhaust good meats alternator hoses steering brace armor lights jack shovel tow ropes gloves spare parts (tps, u joints, bearings, fluids) etc etc.

then upgrade,
good luck.

well have not been working for about 4 months was in a bad car accident. nothing with my xj. but i am looking to get a settlement and probley spend a good 8k and doo all the labor shit myself welding and such. but no school no debts at all pretty much starting off clean. when i had my xj with a locker and 31's i went through the rubicon no problem only broke a tail light. so i do hit the trails but not recently. TPS is mess up right now and need to do some tune ups. other than that i want to have a sick checokee for 8 k

slideshow

Back