• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would be better

CJ. Just put it in your D35. Your gonna here alot about it either way. TRUST me! I've got 373's and an aussie locker in the rear. Just spent all day at TSF and no problems with it going up hogsback, rocky hill climb, archers or anything else we did. Ask Dustin there were times I wasn't exactly light on the foot. Still NO problems !!!

Just put the locker you have into the rear and save up for the front. One locker is good but two are definitely where it at. Putting the locker in the rear in my opinion is better because on the trails it will propel you forward on axles that don't turn and there for to ME thats better than axles that are turning up front and only one wheel spinning in the back.

:eyes: :repair: :eyes: :scared: :explosion :doh: :repair: !!!1 :dunno:

Install the locker you have. Everyone bitches about the 35, I know aaron has had no problems, but he also has a very conservative right foot. I know that years ago I bought an xj for $50, it was welded front and rear, it was horrible, but it was $50. I blew through a u joint almost every time that I went wheeling, but they broke on the street, never once hurt anything on that 35. I also had a tough truck xj a few years ago that had 356k and a 35, my buddy welded up the rear end for me, and the welds broke, so it worked more like a limited slip, but it survived four rounds of full throttle jumping and still drove onto the trailer. What I'm saying is that if I had the locker sitting around I'd install it personally.

so have you made a decision? you gonna install it or sell it? inquiring minds want to know.

LOL Well seeing how I have a none C clip and a spare set of shafts for it I think we are going to go ahead and throw it in and see what happens. Figure it this way, if I snap a shaft then will put one of the spare ones in and start looking to get a 8.8 for it. Now just need to go get a new spring and pin set for it and get it put in.

CJ

here is something to think about when your driving a rig in the mud or snow do you think a FWD or a RWD would do better in all my experiences a FWD does better because the law of physics comes into play and its easier to pull something than it ever will be to push something with that being said i would put one in the front instead of the rear

well i played with my front locker in the snow while in 4lo last night. i found it was hard to go around a tight corner with it locked. my money is put a selectable locker in the rear

well i played with my front locker in the snow while in 4lo last night. i found it was hard to go around a tight corner with it locked. my money is put a selectable locker in the rear

why would you be driving on the road in 4low?

i wasnt on the street. i was in a parking lot. and i wasnt going a long distance. just goofing off tryin out some of my new gear to make sure every thing works

Back