• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Installed the rustys airtube

Played around with the arb compressor, found where I'm gonna put it, just need to build a mount. Think I'm gonna use a battery tray from the junkyard as a base.

Drilled out my new UCA's

Pulled the headliner and scrubbed the backboard clean.

Hooked up a license plate light

More to do tomorrow/Monday

Installed some new battery cables and terminals, IAC valve, TPS, some new valve things on top of the valve cover, and some new vacuum lines.

I broke something on the throttle/accelerator cable, but doesnt seem to have affected anything? Anyone have any ideas on what this spring is for? The housing around it broke. I took the spring off since it was pulling the cable/throttle a tiny bit, making my jeep idle too high. Drives perfectly fine. I have replacement cable here, but it doesnt have the housing/spring on it.

John, i got a compressor with my airbags. It came with mounting plates. I did not use. Want me to see if still in my shop... you can have?

Crusher, is that the Cruise control cable? Is it an HO rig?

It did have cruise control at some point. Guessing it might have something to do with that. It is an HO.

It did have cruise control at some point. Guessing it might have something to do with that. It is an HO.

My bet is it was the cruise control cable.

John, i got a compressor with my airbags. It came with mounting plates. I did not use. Want me to see if still in my shop... you can have?

I've got a mount plate with my arb as well, but its for a flat surface. I need to make something to mount that to. A battery tray seems like the best starting point

Cruise control cable isnt installed, I yanked that out a long time ago since it didnt even work. That is the accelerator cable, just wondering what the spring on it is for.

Cruise control cable isnt installed, I yanked that out a long time ago since it didnt even work. That is the accelerator cable, just wondering what the spring on it is for.

OK, on my Renix rigs the Acc cable is on the other side. That is why I thought it must be something else. But on the HO they turned every thing on the throttle body 180 degrees so that makes sense. The spring must be some king of tensioner for the outer cable housing.

New suede headliner installed. The suede is tougher to work with than the regular fabric... got a few creases in it. Love the look but not happy with my skills. May have a shop redo it at some point. For now at least it's not sagging.

Fixed the ground in my switch panel, now the lights work properly.

Bought a battery tray at the yard. Modded it and mounted it on the drivers side, now I can put my arb compressor somewhere.

Got 1/2 UCA's off. Need to figure out the best way to tilt the axle back to install the new ones shorter and fix my caster

Also installed an led shop light on my garage so I can see what I'm doing better

Bottle jack under the coil buckets like when I was over there if there is a way with your new setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aww snap! Then the spring might help keep the cable from sticking? Like always applying pressure(pulling) so as to not have a throttle cable "stick"?

Looks like my white 4x4, 87 Renix needs front end parts before it becomes a new DD :( . That what I get for greasing the joints, LOL.

The Pitman arm needs to go for sure it looks like. Just put all brand new front end parts on the now totaled 89, but afraid to use them after I tried the one tire/rim that looked OK on the front end, but was not, that caused the death wobble on the 87 last year... For the price I think I will use new parts.

Got the used core 4.0 engine head for my 87 Renix-Wagoneer project from xjintx today, Yahoo!!!!! Now I can plan the spring in January head job LOL. Already in the high 70s here today.

aww snap! Then the spring might help keep the cable from sticking? Like always applying pressure(pulling) so as to not have a throttle cable "stick"?

Makes sense to me.

pulled D30 carrier Monday. Put locker in carrier yesterday. carrier will go back in probably tomorrow. both axles locked. can't wait to test it out

pulled D30 carrier Monday. Put locker in carrier yesterday. carrier will go back in probably tomorrow. both axles locked. can't wait to test it out

What is a carrier?

Back