• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Time to reschedule that Taco run event on Edgebrook at I-45?

Jcr bumper gets here Tuesday

Shopping for ball joints for the 89 now. And a shop to install them.

My trucklight LEDs came in, I can see at night!
20151231_155452_zpszu3kbowo.jpg

20151231_172454_zpsaquxrqve.jpg

No angry eyes?

I should able able to see at night again after my cataract eye surgery and BORG lens implants this month with my old headlights, LOL.
Did every one have a great holiday season this year?

Houston!!!! We have brakes!!! Well at least working well enough now to drive the beast safely.

I can now toss unruly back seat drives through the windshield using the brakes LOL

Houston!!!! We have brakes!!! Well at least working well enough now to drive the beast safely.

I can now toss unruly back seat drives through the windshield using the brakes LOL

... and what was the final fix?

... and what was the final fix?

Final fix was using a new set of hoses with a new one man bleeder kit (OEM brand for autozone tool isle), and making sure the hose connections were real tight on the bleeders and bottle, then using 2 men, one to hold and watch the bottle and report back and to open/close the bleeder valve on command, I ran the engine to get the vacuum boost pressure and pumped the peyotes out of the brake peddle as fast as possible until no air bubbles, then held the peddle to the floor while the other guy closed the bleeder valve asap. Did that several times on both rear sides. Had to stop and top off the MC after about 6-10 strokes each time, so had to repeat each side about 4 times. But it made a huge difference. I think the technique has a lot to with keeping air from sneaking back in after each peddle pump. Too slow a process on the return peddle stroke seems to let air in from somewhere in the bleeder lines/bleeder threads? Or the rapid hard strokes with the vaccum booster on (engine on) work better or both. Never had to do this before in 40 years of old brake vehicle work.

JCR Bumper has arrived. Painting has begun.

Stock bumper removed

Has anyone seen tow hook brackets welded to the bumper brackets before? Fought with it for half an hour before I figured that out

Need to get a better shot but I ran out of daylight

Back