• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

So.....
how long ya gonna have this one?
laughingsmiley.gif

Platter when I get home if I have time??
(HOPEFULLY i be home by Sunday)

Cool lookin Jeep ya got there Swamprat. Did all the early XJs have that hinged glass piece? That is one thing I wish mine had.

-Eric

Not all. I think it may have been an option or only on certain trim levels. My Briarwood doesn't have them, although I wish it did.

Most of the older ones i've seen have them, assuming you are talking about vent windows. I want to say the discontinued in 90 but don't take that as jeep gospel. Slot of people complain that they leak or are prone to theft more but I've never had a problem with mine, and they are nice to have on a hot day with no a/c.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

So.....
how long ya gonna have this one?
laughingsmiley.gif

Platter when I get home if I have time??
(HOPEFULLY i be home by Sunday)
well see, it'll last long enough to get the sonoma back to daily duty, and or making it a street truck. if im off im game, i'll need to hit the salvage yard before hand to get a battery tray.

Cool lookin Jeep ya got there Swamprat. Did all the early XJs have that hinged glass piece? That is one thing I wish mine had.

-Eric

your's can have it, its a pain to get in/out but ellis auto has 3-4 sets in there yard

bolted my tow hook brackets on, and discovered a really awesome use of zip-ties in the transfer case shifter. i guess thats another thing on my list of things to get in the JY

tested the wheel travel on the rear wheels...

upgrade to longer travel shocks

gained 5" down travel and lost nothing on up travel now nearly maxing out a 28" long shock in the rear

made sure I would not over compress the cv shaft in the rear (it is close... but still good to go)

started converting over to a home made double shear track bar and bracket... also clearancing the axle side TB bracket...

I have been busy...

Starter took a dump on me at work, so crawled under, gave it some love taps, then got it home. Less than an hour later and a trip to Autozone and the Jeep is good to go. While under it I noticed I have some holes in the floor pan that need patching. Looks I got an excuse to rip the interior out.

-eric

just got done changing out front wheel hub assembly on both sides,and changed gear oil.Last week i did hoses ,cap and rotor,flushed radiater and new thermostat.

I used 4LO today!!!

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

Where was this? I'd reaallly love to try out the new axles. Although I should really figure out this hideous rattling sound coming out of the back end when I let off the gas....

BTW, I drove mine to work, and have been trying to get a blowup of the detroit full case locker so I can try to get a picture of what might be wrong in there.

I actually managed to go for 2 weeks with no new sightings of JEEP Gremlins!:D

Where was this? I'd reaallly love to try out the new axles. Although I should really figure out this hideous rattling sound coming out of the back end when I let off the gas....

BTW, I drove mine to work, and have been trying to get a blowup of the detroit full case locker so I can try to get a picture of what might be wrong in there.

is it a rattling or a humming noise?

Back