• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Idk what's wrong with it. lol. It's been at a mechanic shop for the last six months, and it's been there, undisturbed. Hell, at least it's not in my way. I have the WJ for now, until I find something to do to the ugly XJ. Who ever gives me $1,000 bucks gets it as is minus the tires. It has alot of new parts. Starter, distributer, battery, the springs are fairly new, gots a whole bunch of *hit that it didn't have. I want to find the bastard who had it before me and i'l going to make him have a whole bunch of missing parts for mistreating this poor XJ like that.

Now, idk about giving it away for free bro. Sellin it yeah. Everybody: Give me an offer and shoot me a request on anything needed, i'll see what's up. Engine for 4bills, you know, stuff like that. Somebody just give me a stack and take the damn thing!

I will give you $50 for the body with doors, hatch and glass. Oh and the rear axle. I don't need anything else off of it.

...get outa here

:doh:hasta

so does it not start, or does it start and not go, or does it start but not go anywhere????? why does it not work.

what doesnt it have now????

you are on the largest xj site in the world i think we could help. i think we all probably have enouph parts laying around to build a xj from nothing. i just would like to help you out instead of seeing you frustrated with it. i know what thats like and its great to see them run again. thats half the fun.

hmm seriously thought if i could i would snag it. i need a project/ beater jeep so that my 00' can stay relatively DD/ weekend warrior.

but seriously heres my advise that everyone here thinks is like voodoo or something. take your jeep home, swap out everything you have on it for stock. then sell the jeep "as stock" for idk start out at $500 if its worth it, but im thinking more like $300 if it doesnt run. then either sell or keep the stuff off of it. and if your thinking about getting another XJ. i would keep everything until you get your jeep, that was one of my biggest mistakes. i got rid of all my crap then i got my current jeep and kicked my own ass over all the stuff i let go.

hmm seriously thought if i could i would snag it. i need a project/ beater jeep so that my 00' can stay relatively DD/ weekend warrior.

but seriously heres my advise that everyone here thinks is like voodoo or something. take your jeep home, swap out everything you have on it for stock. then sell the jeep "as stock" for idk start out at $500 if its worth it, but im thinking more like $300 if it doesnt run. then either sell or keep the stuff off of it. and if your thinking about getting another XJ. i would keep everything until you get your jeep, that was one of my biggest mistakes. i got rid of all my crap then i got my current jeep and kicked my own ass over all the stuff i let go.

thats not a terrible idea. it might be a good option. that or part out the extra parts for some more $$. the only problem that really comes down to is the time. not having alot of time would make it a pain. that or just part out the whole thing and send the rest to the jy.

got my hockey pucks in, and drilled the holes through them to use them as bumpstops. Will most likely install them tomorrow. Sucks that they had to come in two days after I had the coils out of my jeep to swap them out. Oh well.... I think I can get them in there without dropping the coils again.

Try Liquid Nail also. That crap holds great for a long time. But if you are going to bolt them on... yes you will have to drop or atleast move you springs off the perches just to drill the holes in the plates.

Drilled and tapped the holes while I had the springs out!! LOL... So I think I can slap the pucks in through the springs one at a time, then slide the bolt in, and run it through the pucks into the spring pads, and just tighten it down.

Yeah... you might have to "flex" it a little but it will work. I am more worried about the amount of metal you tapped through. Do YOU think it will be thick enough to hold?

I think it will be fine.... I will probably also use some liquid nails or epoxy as well.

found out my efan isnt broken and going to by brake lines after work, and maybe motor mounts.

Back