• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

And now that its 70+ degrees outside, the jeep is having a rough time staying cool again.

Thinking of doing the thermostat at some point? I really don't know whats going on anymore.

Thought. Does the stock efan have different speeds?

Last edited:
wired up the power seats today, I can recline them now!

Bad news when I lifted the passenger carpet though... underside of carpet was damp, could see a little water on the floor board. Noticed looking at the underside of the HVAC system housing that it had a bunch of condensation on it... I'm guessing my drain is clogged? Oh and of course I had some surface rust going on the floorboard as a result!

I wire wheeled the surface rust, dried and vaccumed the area, and hit it with some rustoleum before putting the carpet back down. Hopefully that will be the end of it assuming I can fix the drain.

And now that its 70+ degrees outside, the jeep is having a rough time staying cool again.

Thinking of doing the thermostat at some point? I really don't know whats going on anymore.

Thought. Does the stock efan have different speeds?

The E-fan has two speeds, off and on, LOL

Get the ZD clutch and install it with a new fan shround, then this winter you can complain about the heat now working, LOL.

Of, and try hot wiring the E-fan with a bypass toggle switch, and run it all the time when needed.

She runs:) Replaced The Coil And The Ignition Module From The Jy And She fired Right Up

Nice!!!

I just ordered the AW4 tail cone to tranny body gasket I need for pulling the tail cone of the 2WD rig, to change the seal and bushing.

$1.40 for the gasket :) :cheers:

No it was not a dealer OEM part, or a JY part, LMAO!!!!:laugh3:

So Whats Different About The Zj Fan Clutch?

kicks the fan on at a lower temperature. and makes it sound like a 747 is taking off under your hood

So Whats Different About The Zj Fan Clutch?

Locks up at a lower temp and rotates about 20% faster than a standard clutch.

if It Never reaches Proper Temp, Then It Gets Stuck In Open Loop And Dumps Fuel But Take Me For Instance I Sit In Traffic Jams Every day, I Don't Have A Factory Electric Fan So I Get Hot Quickly When I'm Stationary So It Would Probably Be Beneficial To Me

I ran a 165 F T-Stat in my Renix for years, as it had multiple cooling issues. I now run a 180 F T-stat in my Renix jeeps. No problems. Up north the 195 F T-stat is better if the cooling system works right.

Renix will go closed loop at about about 60-70 F. I have read that OBD-II can freak out (CEL light and code) if the T-Stat is stuck open and warm up takes too long, but not always.

I have read differing reports on OBD-II all the way from it goes closed loop in 30-60 seconds to it does not till it reaches hells gates operating temp (Which I do not believe). My ford and Saturn OBD-II normal OEM FSM opp temps are 212 F to 220 F, all electric fans, with 195 F T-Stats.

BUT, they all get better gas mileage at the higher temps up to about 210 F it seems. That is because the intake manifold is hotter and atomizes the fuel better the hotter it gets, and it gets less mass air flow at idle, and thus needs less fuel at idle.

What is critical for fuel, low MPGs is that the O2 sensor get and stay hot, that is why they have internal electric heaters. Bad heater or loss of 12 V to the O2 heater and they eat gas!!!

In summary, they can go closed loop but still eat gas at low temps. Open loop (O2 sensor failure of any kind) and they REALLY EAT GAS!!!!

Last edited:
So I Got Alot Done Today. I Replaced The Heater Valve, Replaced The Idler pulley, Replaced The Ac Bypass Pulley, And Replaced The Serpentine Belt. I Also Refreshed The Plastic Accents Behind The Doors, The Plastic Piece That The Antenna Mounts to, Both Door Handles, And the Plastic Pieces That Hold My Folding Mirrors.

how did you refresh, propane torch?

Back