• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What now?

I just realized that i have a new problem, with the 4.5 inch springs and the blocks in the rear that were put on this jeep, now I have to worry about brake lines. I really wish he would've just left in stock. This brings up a few more questions;

Realistically what else do I need to worry about safety wise?
What's the benefit of stainless steel brake lines vs longer oem (96 dodge dakota 4x4)?
Does brand make a difference?

Last edited:
Using an OEM style line is fine, cheaper than SS line ... SS line will be as Talyn mentioned. If cost is an issue, use 96 Dakota line for the rear and YJ (I used '92) fronts with the hardline relocated ... you will never need to touch the fronts again after that (they will allow enough droop to change your springs without touching them). If you can scrape the cash for SS do that though.

Don't up-size beyond what you need. Extra slack in the line will end up getting caught up in the suspension and could lead to brake failure.

So I've been reading a lot over the last couple of days and although my wallet wants me to go with crown ss lines, because of issues with the connectors that i have heard of i have decided to pay the premium for rubicon express? I have a couple of concerns though, i read about the bk/buyout so i am curious, is the the quality still there? Also, even on the 5.5 long arm kit they use 22" fronts and 18" rears, and based on my reading guys are using 26 & 24 or 24 & 22. I tend to trust enthusiasts more than manufacturers but in this case i am not sure. When all is said and done i plan to have a braced xj w 4.5 long arm frankenstein with cut up fenders and as much articulation as i squeeze out it, so with that in mind should i look elsewhere because of length? If so, where?

Thanks

Jerry

So I've been reading a lot over the last couple of days and although my wallet wants me to go with crown ss lines, because of issues with the connectors that i have heard of i have decided to pay the premium for rubicon express? I have a couple of concerns though, i read about the bk/buyout so i am curious, is the the quality still there? Also, even on the 5.5 long arm kit they use 22" fronts and 18" rears, and based on my reading guys are using 26 & 24 or 24 & 22. I tend to trust enthusiasts more than manufacturers but in this case i am not sure. When all is said and done i plan to have a braced xj w 4.5 long arm frankenstein with cut up fenders and as much articulation as i squeeze out it, so with that in mind should i look elsewhere because of length? If so, where?

Thanks

Jerry

I just jut on a set that came with my Full-Traction 6 inch lift kit. They are made by Goodridge and were a really nice set up. I like that they had screw fittings on both ends so I could position them away from other components. I had a set from Iron Rock on my last XJ that I couldn't adjust and the tires rubbed when I turned.
You can find them on their website at Full-Traction.com

Now I've got a new problem, thought i was getting a great deal on some seats, supposed to be 1992 xj seats. Turns out they are 1995 seats, 84-94 is what fits my jeep. Ive been looking for any posts or articles that show how people have modded seats to fit but have not really found anything relevant or with pictures, you know maybe written in crayon for this simpleton. Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Thx jerry

Took the other seats back because i thought the base was round and that the 95 seats were flat. Turns out the 94- are not as round as i thought. Looked all over the jy and only found 95+ jeeps and when i was unloading the 95+seats i had already bought i set them down right next to some seats that cought my eye. Looked right, took them home and turns out the passenger seat bracket is wrong but the seat is correct and the driver side is 95% correct, my only issue is the plug is wrong. Hoping to help other 94- xj owners find another seat source i have looked all over trying to figure out what other truck uses or seats but cannot find anything. I even looked up part numbers that came back to gm but nothing definite and no visual confirmation. Anyways here are some pictures.
qu4uta4y.jpg
erysuhyb.jpg
7uqyhagu.jpg
uta8y6yd.jpg

Last edited:
Never figured out the seats, maybe someone will recognize them from the pics and share. Got the seats installed. Ive also started ripping out the interior, cant believe the leather panels are attached to card board. Also did lube & filer, cap roter plugs & wires, transmission fluid, cleaned fuel system, serviced front and rear diffs, did a coolant flush and reinstalled the front drive shaft. Running like a champ.

Just like every other person with the factory alarm i was having problems. I actually have a little bit of a temper so i got fed up and grabbed wire cutters, a ring terminal, a screw and some sand paper and did in 2 minutes before work. I plan to add a switch once i can figure out what amperage i need, don't want burn up my jeep. Any way here are some pics, it is the green wire with the Orange stripe in the wire bundle coming from the door
3udegaza.jpg
8e3ara7e.jpg

Back