• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What have you done to your XJ today?

Hardkor

NAXJA Forum User
Didn't see this thread topic anywhere in the NAC. My bad if it exist and I missed it.

Swapped out the stock front bumper for the Olympic Off Road rock bumper that I picked up cheap at the Quadratec tent sale this weekend.

Before
79571356dc70d2b138f1a939ddbc3774.jpg

After
35a4cf7acb8d048c3362c06ca3a08315.jpg

There were a couple of items there for an XJ but, you are right. I saw a few sway bars and a skid row transfer case skid plate not much else.

I was hoping to find decent skid plates and a rear bumper. No such luck. I'm thinking I'll just make my own and save some cash.

I finally figured out how I wanted to do the LCA brackets on my '89 D60. I "cuffed" the end of the casting 360 degrees and cantilevered the bracket with some gussets. I also nearly completed my steering arm since the weekend and just nee do to decide if I am going to use an insert or try a tapered bore for tie rod ends. I still need to add something to hold the spring down and serve as a contact for the bump stop. May be tomorrow.

30 188 by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

30 186 by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

30 185 by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

Back