• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does your rig weigh?

Mark Hinkley said:
Paul needs some serious intervention help. He is a XJ-Anorexic.

I think he goes to one of those scales in LA which are light to fool the cops.

Mine weights like 4100 not 4125!

I ain't giving up windows just for 40 lbs!

hinkley

Well, front windows + all the junk that accompany them are good for 60lbs, then you can remove your now useless A/C for another 40lbs. How can you turn down an easy 100lbs?
Paul

BIGWOODY said:
:badpc: 3710lbs. with full width hp44 and 9" 38.5SXs....MJ "truggy" and still blowing cold ass A/C
MJs are supposed to be lighter than XJs, and it makes sense, I'll try and get mine on a scale sometime: Waggy 44, Toy 8", 35s on steel, leafs up front, the usual skids, AC compressor (OBA)... I'm hoping it's under 4000.

Just weighed mine.
An anorexic 3760lbs.
Trail ready with half a tank of fuel.

Hinkley's weighed something like 4700lbs.

wow, old thread. mine weighed 3600 pounds with no driver, no tools, no spares, half tank of gas in this previous form:

dscf04553pk.md.jpg

BrettM said:
wow, old thread.
a little off topic, where can i get weighed in san diego, it is a trailer queen.

back on topic
i am guessing some where around 5500 because i removed the V6 and put the SBC 350 in and sliders are 125 lbs each 35" mud terrains frame stiffeners ect... i did build 1/2 doors though.

tee hee, isnt a stock rig 2850-3100 or so? according to autotrader's vehicle info for my 87 2 door. thats prolly a 4 cyl rig with no skids bone dry.

steagall9301 said:
a little off topic, where can i get weighed in san diego, it is a trailer queen.

back on topic
i am guessing some where around 5500 because i removed the V6 and put the SBC 350 in and sliders are 125 lbs each 35" mud terrains frame stiffeners ect... i did build 1/2 doors though.

Any big moving company will have a drive on scale. I use the Mayflower place.

steagall9301 said:

back on topic

Most major truck stops have CAT scales. My XJ, fully loaded last year weighed 46-4700, with me in it, food, and camping gear for a weekend. I had no bumper and no roll cage

LOWTECH said:
Mine comes in @ 4300#' with wife & 3600# without
that'll get you in trouble

BrettM said:
wow! considering you probably have 500 pounds more axle and tires than I do, that means your chassis/body/drivetrain must be about 1000 pounds lighter... crazy.
all aluminum LS1/Atlas/ Th350 / glass front clip/aluminum sides ,tunnel, and firewall. aluminum wheels...etc..

5020 lbs.
That was with the D30. God knows what it now weighs with Axzilla Jr up front.

The good news; 2540lb up front and 2480 lbs on rear.

4480 1986 2 door, ford 9-inch, ford dana 44, full cage, seats for 5. 51/49 front to rear. Almost forget, 454 chevy engine, ps, pb, pw, pdl, no air.

Mike

kid4lyf said:
5020 lbs.
That was with the D30. God knows what it now weighs with Axzilla Jr up front.

The good news; 2540lb up front and 2480 lbs on rear.
OMFG!!!
Now THAT is a Pigzilla!

Okie Terry said:
OMFG!!!
Now THAT is a Pigzilla!
My motto:
Whenever you have to decide between using 3/16" or 1/4" plate.
Go with 3/8".

Nothing exceeds like excess

Back