• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does your heep need before SCF?

I've done most if not everything listed above and I am Willing to help anyone within 50 miles or bring it here if I can 3 link brain pick !!! Even though I have done 4 links all this numbers and graph stuff has made me nervous even to drive my van! So the offer still stands! Wire, stick weld, 2 sets of torches press.

Last edited:
New exhaust from manifold to tail pipe. Smog certificate

exhaust, shock mounts front and rear, bleed brakes, fix epic trans leak, and a few other small misc items. getting close!

just gotta tweak the rear upper shock mounts a bit and do an alignment, then cycle it on the forklift to see where i gotta trim. So close!

had a leaking injector. swapped in a set of the bosch 703s, now running rich...

that's really the only issue I Need to sort out. lots of things I Want to do, but won't keep me from this trip.

Need Gomer to be transported, with my camping gear, to Ontario airport :-(.

Barring that, I'm trying to figure if I can wrangle this. I'm in Tucson the week before and after. Would be a good excuse to not work on the weekend, but not sure if I want to drive 520 miles on Thursday night, just to do the same on Sunday. I HAVE to be in Tucson Monday morning to teach. Flights aren't cheap, and they pose the logistics of still needing to get to the campground from the A/P. then there is the issue that I don't have my camping gear. Such a dilemma.

David Bricker / SYR

I need to finish my low profile roof rack to mount my highlift..........Oh and my daughter to be born early so I can go. 😄
If she arrives as scheduled she will be 1 week old and then it's about convicing my better half to allow me to go play for a day....

-rob

Need Gomer to be transported, with my camping gear, to Ontario airport :-(.

Barring that, I'm trying to figure if I can wrangle this. I'm in Tucson the week before and after. Would be a good excuse to not work on the weekend, but not sure if I want to drive 520 miles on Thursday night, just to do the same on Sunday. I HAVE to be in Tucson Monday morning to teach. Flights aren't cheap, and they pose the logistics of still needing to get to the campground from the A/P. then there is the issue that I don't have my camping gear. Such a dilemma.

David Bricker / SYR
Have someone deliver your heep/items to SCF, and have another whom is attending take you to said fest.

Have someone deliver your heep/items to SCF, and have another whom is attending take you to said fest.

I got the sleeping arrangement covered. Just bought my place tickets, so I'm committed now (I know, I should have been committed long ago). I have wheels to get to SoCal Fest, but Hertz won't be impressed with me wheeling their Ford Focus.

So, anyone have an extra seat for a run on Saturday? My intention is to pull into camp by 8am Saturday morning, after driving from Tucson. will be leaving Sunday, to fly back to Tcuson from LAX.

David Bricker / SYR

I got the sleeping arrangement covered. Just bought my place tickets, so I'm committed now (I know, I should have been committed long ago). I have wheels to get to SoCal Fest, but Hertz won't be impressed with me wheeling their Ford Focus.

So, anyone have an extra seat for a run on Saturday? My intention is to pull into camp by 8am Saturday morning, after driving from Tucson. will be leaving Sunday, to fly back to Tcuson from LAX.

David Bricker / SYR

I currently have no passenger all weekend.

a good friend has expressed interest in riding along, but if he can't make it the seat is yours.

i got ya covered, however there is a slight possibility it will be a rear seat. it's a zj though, so there's a bit more leg room and a/c. I'll be running John Bull i believe.

Thank you much for the seat offers. As it stands, it looks like my friend is coming out with me from Tucson, so I need two seats, but they don't have to be in the same vehicle. This will be for Saturday only.

David Bricker / SYR

I have an empty passenger seat, and will probably be running the scenic route if you want to do that one.

Are you camping or hotelling? Karen can't go anymore, so there's room for another vehicle at my campsite, and room in my tent. I have a 7x9 tent that holds 3 people pretty comfortably with room to spare, so you're welcome to share that if you don't mind all the teasing you'll get from everyone =). Odds are good I can round up a spare sleeping bag & chair & such, as well (c'mon, you've seen my Jeep!).

I have an empty passenger seat, and will probably be running the scenic route if you want to do that one.

Are you camping or hotelling? Karen can't go anymore, so there's room for another vehicle at my campsite, and room in my tent. I have a 7x9 tent that holds 3 people pretty comfortably with room to spare, so you're welcome to share that if you don't mind all the teasing you'll get from everyone =). Odds are good I can round up a spare sleeping bag & chair & such, as well (c'mon, you've seen my Jeep!).

I think Geoff has me covered for tent and sleeping bag, but appreciate the offer. I'd believe however, that an entire city could materialize out of your Jeep!

David Bricker / SYR

Well I changed Jeeps for the event. I managed to blow a couple holes in the Borla on the red Jeep so little black it is. So right now my Jeep needs about a gallon of washer fluid and possibly up to a quart of oil.

Back