• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Seriously you guys just dont go buy new struts. I find it annoying to have to clamp vise grips on struts, or anything. For 35.00 I just replaced mine, my gate is open in my garage. And all I had to do was open the gate.

Hey whatever floats your boat I guess. I did spend alot of dough on my Cherokee. Wasn't going to leave some worn out struts on it. But let me tell you a story. My GF works in HR she got a call from a guy for a workers comp claim. apperantly he was turning in his rental car that the company paid for, upon drop off he was collecting his things from the trunk. Unknown to the rental car agent, he comes up and slams the trunk lid. He hit the guy in the forehead. Yeah split his scalp from one side to the other... I can tell you one thing when a gust of wind catches that much heaver gate good night Aaron Barnes. I would have at the very least drilled a hole threw the center.

Yeah RockAuto has hatch struts pretty cheap. I got some new ones for my Mustang, sure is nice not to have to prop it open with a stick, or lift that heavy ass hatch up with one arm while holding onto 40 lbs of groceries or whatever you're about to put in there. With the new struts the thing pretty much opens itself now once you lift it open an inch or two.

What method did you use to install the new yoke on the 8.25 Aaron? I need to replace mine as well, just picked up a new one from Six States on Saturday. Was yours streched between the u-joint tabs also?

I made a fancy license plate mount, put my CB antenna back on and aired up my tires. Not much but I'm tired of just staring at it lol. I tried figuring out where to mount my leds but Im having a hard time finding a spot that won't get crushed or shot with gravel, oh we'll maybe tomorrow...
ytequga7.jpg

yty8uje5.jpg

Re: Re: What did you do to your XJ today

roof sliders, rigid lights on the A pillars. dude I want to see that thing! both have been in my head for a couple years now

Bronze.

Lol thanks :) The rigids are the best light I've ever had but I regret drilling thru the a pillars.

I've been sleeping under it. Yeah about everyday I crawl under it designing my 3 link in my head, figuring what I'm going to need. Try to figure out where and how I'm going to have 1/4 plate bent. Then I nod off for 1/2 hour or so.

Truthfully I think I sleep better under there then our bed. Hummmm :p

Put some carpeting in the cargo area, parents had a ton left over from carpeting their camper
Plus side is that its rubber packed so no leaky
junaqe4a.jpg

ureqyma6.jpg

Took off the flat stock Leafs and removed the 3in blocks. Put in a better pack with RE2.5in aal's and a 3/4in block.
It took all Damn day to get the stock junk off. Took 1.5hrs to get the new stuff in and sitting on its wheels.
It sits a lot better now, its aprox .25in higher in the rear but will settle with time and help when loaded for camping.
That was the last thing to do before nwfest. So now I'm good to go.
y6ygazyn.jpg

:thumbup:

I replaced my rear ds ujoints because I couldnt take the squeaking any more, hooked up my cb antenna, repainted all my armor because my awesome kids got me 3 cans of flat black spray paint and now its beer thirty.

Hope yall are having a great fathers day too!
beerchug.gif

Attached Thumbnails

user_online.gif
progress.gif

Swapped wires around on my winch solenoid and ended up only having to splice one wire to make it long enough to reach into the engine compartment. I dielectric greased the crap outta the splice then taped it up good so hopefully it will last until I can have some cables made. For now it works and I spooled my winch back up and hung the solenoid box on my radiator overflow until I make a bracket.

eva6asev.jpg

qavysebe.jpg

Picked one up at the bone yard for 200 bucks with 80k on it. A buddy of mine who own a transmission shop said the same thing. I'm not looking forward to the job cause I have a Rough Country long arm kit and all of it has to be removed. Ugh...

Back