• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

well for 1 it wasnt like we saw a quad trail and went down it. we were out there legally exploring the logging roads. while going down what started out as a road gradually got tighter and before we knew it we were on a quad trail. and i wasn't the one driving.

it not like we went and drove around gates to get there
i agree with you guys. i hate it when people go off and ruin areas like what happen in rieter.

well for 1 it wasnt like we saw a quad trail and went down it. we were out there legally exploring the logging roads. while going down what started out as a road gradually got tighter and before we knew it we were on a quad trail. and i wasn't the one driving.

it not like we went and drove around gates to get there
i agree with you guys. i hate it when people go off and ruin areas like what happen in rieter.

Glad to hear it. In the future you might want to be more clear about statements like that, could keep you from getting into legal trouble.

and i wasn't the one driving.

even if you werent driving, its still everyone's responsibility to use proper judgment.
that means telling your buddy who was driving:
'hey, we're currently ruining 4wd recreation for everyone! maybe we should stop?'

backlash you get on naxja about irresponsible 4wd behavior comes from our desire to keep 4wd recreation in positive standing and well perceived by the general public. (aka voters/law makers/etc)

thanks for clarifying your intent and what happened!
we understand you didn't mean to take a tight trail not meant for your jeep.
but if you were trying to 'show off' by thinking its 'badass' to go off trail, you're talking to the wrong group of people.

I don't think you can get in trouble for being on a quad trail just because you said you were. I'm pretty sure that most the people on here are in agreement about not purposefully destroying our environment, yet it seems many are quick to criticize. I spent half the day yesterday on quad trails and makeshift new trails but I was on private property that is being clear-cut and leveled to make way for a completely new (self contained) city. I highly doubt I will do enough damage to the environment in my life to stack up to what they're doing there. I agree that tearing up our parks is just asking to lose them BUT I think if people have a big enough problem to criticize someone else's wheelin', there are larger problems to be addressed. :)

Sad pic from yesterday... Deer in it's 'natural environment'
2ns6hs9.jpg

when people who aren't involved with the 4wd community see someone running over trees or digging ruts in meadows...
...it just looks bad, no matter if you have permission to do it or not, no matter where you are.
that kind of irresponsible behavior is the clear sign of a jackass.
it is undeniably detrimental to the environment and our image.

our 4wd community must keep itself in check through the encouragement of best practices.

this is not criticism - its common sense.

respect is one of the most important tools you should carry with you at all times.
disrespect is one of the best ways to lose credibility.

so please have some respect for yourself and the 4wd community.
the image we portray through our actions is very powerful, whether good or bad.

when people who aren't involved with the 4wd community see someone running over trees or digging ruts in meadows...
...it just looks bad, no matter if you have permission to do it or not, no matter where you are.
that kind of irresponsible behavior is the clear sign of a jackass.
it is undeniably detrimental to the environment and our image.

our 4wd community must keep itself in check through the encouragement of best practices.

this is not criticism - its common sense.

respect is one of the most important tools you should carry with you at all times.
disrespect is one of the best ways to lose credibility.

so please have some respect for yourself and the 4wd community.
the image we portray through our actions is very powerful, whether good or bad.

VERY well put.

I don't think you can get in trouble for being on a quad trail just because you said you were. I'm pretty sure that most the people on here are in agreement about not purposefully destroying our environment, yet it seems many are quick to criticize. I spent half the day yesterday on quad trails and makeshift new trails but I was on private property that is being clear-cut and leveled to make way for a completely new (self contained) city. I highly doubt I will do enough damage to the environment in my life to stack up to what they're doing there. I agree that tearing up our parks is just asking to lose them BUT I think if people have a big enough problem to criticize someone else's wheelin', there are larger problems to be addressed. :)

Then they're not quad trails, obviously they are whatever the fawk the owner calls them trails. If someone says they are in a state/city/ ORV whatever area that has no legal wheeling and they went down a quad trail it tends to turn into a black and white issue to me.

Assume everyone reading this hates your sport, if you don't your words or pictures can and probably will be used against your hobby. If you have a problem with me calling someone on something that could possible hurt the hobby I like you can fawk off because I am not going to stop that.

Ummm I got this in the mail today
dawinch.jpg

Smittybuilt XRC8

Saturday I cut these in.
IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0784.jpg

I am not too happy with the border. I will be redoing it but I like the overall look.

I did this about a month ago but since I haven't posted it here and I like it
angypunkin.jpg

on top of rock candy mt
mailgooglecom6947675695.jpg

I cleaned off my license plate because it was unreadable and the police officer told me I had to, haha. I might have to pressure wash now too, so that every thing is uniform again.

Ok noutlawjeeper, I see that you angrily agree with me (not sure why you're mad though). Again, I do not agree with irresponsible people wheelin where they shouldn't be and ruining the parks. I was just commenting that before people rush to criticize someone's forum post it would be nice to use some etiquette and decency and ask what the situation was first. You don't feel you were overly rude for no reason?

(Wish I knew how to quote haha) "They are quad trails for a reason. People like you doing stupid crap like intentionally driving in areas where your not supposed to are what get things closed. Stop being a dip shit and stick to areas that are legal to wheel. Try to educate yourself on some etiquette before some you get yourself into some big trouble."

Back